You read that right.
I am not above eating desserts for breakfast. It’s basically the American way. I mean hello Pop Tarts and Cookie Crisp.
Actually I think it’s a proven fact that a slice of cake tastes best with a cup of coffee at 8 a.m…am I right or am I right?
Don’t answer, I’m right.
So today I am not only making it ok to eat cookies for breakfast, I am encouraging it.
Don’t let labels keep you boxed it.
“Breakfast” doesn’t mean “eggs and bacon” or “Cheerios”…I’m pretty sure the literal translation means “eat cookies in the morning”
So let’s do this.
Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Breakfast Cookies for everyone!
You’ll only need a few ingredients for these yummies. Which is kinda great because no one needs complicated at 7:00 in the morning.
I love Crescent Rolls and that’s where these cookies begin. They are available now “seamless” so the possibilities are huge…
If you can’t find the seamless, no worries, just roll out a regular can and don’t separate them.
When they are done they will be golden brown…
Good morning to ya!
- 1 can seamless crescent rolls
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- With your hand mixer, beat sugar, cream cheese and vanilla together until smooth in a medium sized bowl.
- Unroll the crescent roll sheet. Stretch dough out slightly. It should be in the shape of a rectangle.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the crescent sheet, leaving a gap at the edge about ½ inch.
- Sprinkle your chocolate chips on top of cream cheese.
- Roll the crescent sheet up tightly and wrap in cling wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- When chilled preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Slice the crescent roll into ¼" slices. Bake on prepared cookie sheet for 12 -14 minutes until crescent roll appears golden brown.
- Transfer to wire rack.
- Eat warm or room temperature.