Isn’t Funfetti the best?
Funfetti has become the standard for birthday parties, since it’s creation 25 years ago! Does that make you feel old? Yeah….
Anyhow, since Pillsbury is celebrating Funfetti’s 25th birthday I thought I would make a fun recipe using the base cake mix in a different way!
Funfetti Whoopie Pies. Totally adorable, totally yummy and super easy!
Pillsbury is celebrating Funfetti’s birthday this year by creating 4 new frostings in super bold, bright colors, so that’s what I used as the filling. The colors give the whoopie pies a nice pop!
I love birthday parties and having a few time saving tips helps make the party planning go much smoother. There’s nothing worse than throwing a party and not being able to enjoy it because you’re so busy doing things last minute.
- When you decide on the type of party you want to have and choose a date, I like to make a party check-list and a time line…Having things all mapped out, with help make sure you don’t forget something.. like a cake…which I totally did once!
- When you have the theme picked out for the party, I like to use sites like Pinterest to help me find fun ideas! There are so many creative people out there, you can make a pin board for inspiration for your day. It will keep all your ideas in one place!
- A few days before the party, I like to start my food prep. Try to make as many foods as you can in advance, it helps SO much the day of…
Beyond all that, I decided to put a spin on a traditional birthday cake or cupcakes.
Whoopie Pies are just a fun alternative, and kids love them!
These were incredibly easy to throw together.
I started with a box of Funfetti Cake Mix.
I altered the ingredients slightly so I would produce a thicker batter.
Then I dropped them on a parchment lined baking sheet…
When there all baked and cooled, I got ready to frost them…
I used some of the new bright frostings, and even on a few mixed the colors, which is so easy!
You just use a piping bag and put one frosting on one side, and the other on the opposite side and when you squeeze the piping bag it swirls together…
My kids LOVED them!
- 1 box Funfetti Cake Mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup water
- 3-4 cups frosting
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl combine the cake mix, oil, eggs and water. Mix on medium for about 30 seconds until combined.
- Drop about 2 Tablespoons of batter on the baking sheet for each cookie, leaving about 2 inches in between each.
- Bake 8-9 minutes until the centers are set.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Top the bottom of half the cookies with 2-3 Tablespoons of frosting, place another cookie on top, pressing to form sandwich.
This post is being sponsored by Pillsbury Baking. I was given products and compensation to write this post, but as always, the opinions are 100% my own. Pillsbury Baking Products are honestly a staple in my kitchen.