These are fun little Krispie Treat Party Bites! Go ahead and grab a handful!
If you’ve been reading my site for any length of time you’ll know that my husband “doesn’t like” krispie treats. The fact that we are still married is a minor miracle, I’d say.
BUT one thing he IS obsessed with is “poppable” desserts. That’s what he calls them anyway. He wants one-bite treats. I guess multiple bites is too much of a commitment for him? I really have no idea…
But I will tell you after the 3,546 time I’ve heard, “this would be great if it were ‘one bite'” you’d be ready to get out your murdering sword too. Trust me on this.
So in my quest to please him, but also please myself (duh), I’m aiming to distract him away from the fact that these are indeed Rice Krispie Treats by making them…well… Poppable Krispie Treats. One-Bite Krispie Treats. Whatever, you get the idea.
Pay no attention to the Rice Krispie Treatness that lies under the sprinkles, dear husband. Focus on how effortless it is to eat.
For all you normals out there who are cool with multiple bite desserts, these are still gonna be a favorite. They’re simply Krispie Treats coated in sprinkles. No hidden tricks here.
You’ll need your usual suspects…
All melted together with a little butter and a pinch of salt.
Let the krispie mixture cool a few minutes so it’s easier to handle and then roll a tablespoon sized portion into a ball and then into millions of tiny sprinkles.
Yep, that’s it! They are gooey, crunchy bites of fun. You can quote me on that.
- ⅓ cup multicolored nonpareil sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the sprinkles in a small bowl and set this aside as well.
- In a medium sauce pot over low heat melt the butter. Add the mini marshmallows into the melted butter and stir frequently until the marshmallows are melted and smooth. Immediately remove this from the heat.
- Stir in your cereal and allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease your hands and form the krispie treat mixture into 1 tablespoon-sized balls.
- Immediately roll each ball into the sprinkles, coating evenly. Place each ball onto the lined baking sheet and repeat the process with all the krispie treat mixture.