These PMS Bars are salty/sweet perfection! They’re chewy and rich and super simple to make!
I know, I know…these bars have a very unfortunate name. I get it. But it’s really just the perfect way to describe the salty/sweet/chocolatey/buttery perfection we have going on here.
By calling them PMS bars, you know you’re getting something to cure even the worst hangry. Because honestly there is something about the situation we have going on here that gives me happy vibes. You have all my favorite food groups all in one place: Pretzels, M&Ms, sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter and graham crackers. See? All of ’em.
Plus, we know PMS isn’t just for the ladies anymore…amiright? Like for SURE my husband gets a little of it. Like what in the world is THAT all about?
Last week I asked him maybe turn the TV down from volume 100 so I could hear the fire alarm go off, you know just in case, and you would have thought I asked him to unload the dishwasher or something.
Like daggers. Out of his eyes.
And also can we just talk about the TV volume for a quick second? Do all men have to watch it that loud or is it just a thing in my house. My husband LEGIT starts turning up the volume on movies as the opening credits are starting. I’m like NO ONE IS EVEN TALKING YET STOP TURNING IT UPPPPPPPPPPPP!
The last movie we watched I swear to Pete that he started turning up the volume when there were SUBTITLES on the screen! I’m like no matter how loud they speak in Spanish you will STILL NOT UNDERSTAND IT.
Soooo…wait, maybe I AM actually the one with PMS here. What just happened?
Anyhow back to the bars. They are simple dimple. Just a quick graham cracker crust…
Then pour on some sweetened condensed milk…
Top that with whatever chip medley is your fave.
I’ve got semi-sweet, peanut butter and M&Ms.
Also, I used these cute little Mini Pretzel Thins I found at the store and they worked perfect. And no, they aren’t paying me to say that.
Just press them into the whole situation…
And bake it for like 25 minutes or so…
Let them cool completely before trying to cut them. Trust me on this.
I even like to chill them a bit so the slices come out extra perfect.
And that’s it.
Make ’em. Love ’em.
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups graham crackers
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup small pretzels (I used Pretzel Thins)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil (optional).
- Place butter in the 9x13 pan and place int he oven for 3-4 minutes until it's melted. Remove immediately and sprinkle the graham crackers crumbs and salt on top. Stir the butter and crumbs together and press evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly on top.
- Combine all the chips and M&Ms in a large bowl and sprinkle these evenly onto the sweetened condensed milk layer.
- Top the chips with the pretzels. Press them down firmly into the mixture so they stick.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before slicing. I even like to chill them to get perfect slices.