Autumn Bread is an ultra moist fall treat that’s a combination of zucchini bread, banana bread, and carrot cake! So much to love!
I have been back in the kitchen full force lately…cranking out recipe after recipe after recipe. Which is fantastic for my creativity, but bad for my diet! I feel like there are just too many things I wait until fall to make…which was VERY poor timing when I decided to commit myself to dropping a few pounds.
You see, the summer got me like whoa…I ate, drank and relaxed(ish) with abandon. Another burger? YES PLEASE! Ice cream for the 3rd night in row? WHY NOT? A Frozen Margarita? YOLO!
Unfortunately, my metabolism isn’t fully loving all the YOLO-ing I did over the last few months. So here we are, knee deep in PSL season with me trying to be more “moderate”. BLAH.
Anyhow, it wouldn’t be October if I didn’t make my Autumn Bread recipe. This is a recipe similar to one my mom used to make…it’s like zucchini bread, carrot cake and banana bread all in one soft, cinnamon-y loaf.
And turns out there is no amount of self control that can keep this out of my face.
And here’s a little video of how to make my Autumn Bread!
I like to add walnuts to my bread. It’s how my mom used to make it, so I prefer it that way. You can certainly leave them out, if you are anti-nut.
All you need is a bowl and a spoon…no mixer required!
This recipe makes enough for 2 loaves…so divide the batter equally. And I know some of you will ask…yes, you can half the recipe and make one loaf!
Bake it until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean…
And if you have any self control, wait for it to cool before slicing.
And then maybe add a little butter. Only if you’re not trying to lose weight 🙂
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 2, 9×5 loaf pans with nonstick spay. Cut 2 strips of parchment paper to fit the bottoms and up the short sides of the pans, allowing the parchment to hang over the ends, for easy removal. Spray the pans again. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder until smooth.
- Next stir in both flours until just combined. Finally stir in the zucchini, carrots, banana, and walnuts until combined.
- Divide the batter between the 2 pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes and then using the parchment paper lift out of the pans to cool completely.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Wrap cooled bread tightly in foil or Cling Wrap and store at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Want To Save This Recipe?