These Candy Corn Sugar Cookie Bars are so simple and perfect for Halloween parties!
Sometimes you don’t have 40 hundred minutes to create a treat that is both delicious and impressive.
I mean, I know I don’t…
But I just do that to impress you.
But on any given Tuesday it’s nice to have a cute and yummy treat in your back pocket, that isn’t chocolate chip cookies or brownies…
I mean, not that there’s anything wrong with brownies or chocolate chips cookies…
But you know.
So let’s get simple and cute.
Cute and simple.
People either love or hate candy corn.
So these bars basically solve that whole situation.
They look like candy corn, but taste like sugar cookies.
Candy Corn Sugar Cookie Bars.
Honestly, you most likely have all the ingredients for these in your kitchen right now.
And these make a ton of bars, so not only are you impressing…but you’re impressing a honk-load of people.
Gah, this keeps getting better.
These are eggs. In case you forgot what they looked like…
You’ll need four of them.
I also used this Buttery Sweet Dough Bakery Emulsion in place of vanilla. You don’t have to, vanilla would be fine..but this emulsion is totally amazing. You can use it anywhere you would use extract in baking. It adds something special. I’m serious. You need it.
When you make the dough, divide it in half.
Color half of it yellow and half of it orange.
LIne a 9×13 baking pan with foil that’s sprayed with cooking spray.
Press the orange in first and then the yellow.
It’s a little sticky, so I encourage you to lick your fingers off.
Once it’s baked…which only takes about 10 minutes it will look like this…
Let it cool off and whip up a simple frosting. You could even use canned frosting, but I really think you should make your own. You’ve come this far.
Then just slice them up. I like cutting them into triangles because…duh.
I also heard that Kristan was making some Candy Corn Bark over at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen today. I’m thinking you should go check it out.Print
Candy Corn Sugar Cookie Bars
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 30 Bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
These fun sugar cookie bars look like candy corns, but don’t actually have any candy corns in them! A perfect Halloween treat for those who love a good cookie and the festive colors of candy corns.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (I actually used Buttery Sweet Dough Bakery Emulsion
- 5 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- orange and yellow food coloring
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil and spray lightly with baking spray. Set aside.
- In your stand mixer cream butter and sugar until fluffy and light, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined, scraping sides when necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in salt, baking soda and flour. Beat until combined.
- Divide the batter in half and color half orange and half yellow.
- Layer the orange dough in first, spreading to edges of pan and top with yellow dough, carefully pressing evenly on top of orange.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Beat the butter and shortening together until smooth. Turn mixer to low and add in powdered sugar and milk. Turn mixer up to medium and beat for about 1 minute until fluffy and smooth.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled bars and cut into triangle shaped bars.
*If you are not layering the colors like I did, you can bake these in a 13×18 “jelly roll” pan for a thinner cookie bar. If you do this, you will need to increase the frosting by one half, so will have enough to spread over the entire pan.
Recipe adapted from Recipe Girl
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie Bar
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 23.4 g
- Sodium: 149.3 mg
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.5 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 49.2 mg
Keywords: sugar cookie bar, halloween recipes, halloween treats, halloween food ideas, candy corn dessert
66 comments on “Candy Corn Sugar Cookie Bars”
When I was browsing your blog for cute halloween recipes to take to my sister’s new house I came across these and knew I had to make them ASAP. My orange layer came out a bit more pumpkin-colored because my food coloring is so old it probably remembers the jazz-age, but other than that they look and taste superb!