I am obsessed with these Caramel Apple Stuffed Biscuits…perfect for a lazy weekend morning…or dessert any night!
Sometimes the simplest things are the most delicious…
These are that.
They are a simple biscuit filled with a totally yummy caramel apple mixture.
Don’t be confused about these.. they aren’t like a turnover…they are biscuits.
And biscuits whoop pastries tushes any day of the week.
So yeah… a stuffed biscuit. For real, yo.
Ok, now that we have that cleared up…or not…
They are the perfect breakfast, lunch or dessert any night of the week.
Caramel Apple Stuffed Biscuits
They are super easy too…
Peel and chop up some apples…
Mix them with some butter, sugar and cornstarch and cook them until they are soft and the caramel is thick. It won’t take long.Then mix some Bisquick with heavy cream to make your biscuit dough…
Roll it out flat…
And cut it into squares, about 1/4″ thick.Put about a tablespoon of the caramel apple mixture into the center of the square…
And fold it over and pinch closed with a fork… Brush some butter onto the top of the biscuit before baking.
They’ll look like this when they’re done!
And then surely you’ll want to drizzle some glaze all up on there…
Serve warm or at room temperature, they’re amazing!
I can’t wait to get busy stuffing biscuits with other fun things! Imma be a biscuit stuffing queen!
makes 12 biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped apples (about 2 small apples)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 6 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 1/4 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1–2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat
- In a small saucepan combine apples, cornstarch, 4 Tbsp butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cook over medium low until apples are soft and mixture is thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the heavy cream and the Bisquick until a dough forms.
- Dust your counter with flour and knead the mixture until it comes together.
- Roll dough out until it’s about 1/4 inch thick. Cut dough using a pizza cutter into 4″-5″ inch squares.
- Place a tablespoon of the apple mixture in the center of the square and fold the square in half pinch closed with a fork.
- Place on lined baking sheet. Melt the remaining 2 Tbsp butter and brush it on top of the biscuits before baking.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool slightly before glazing.
- Mix powdered sugar and 1 Tbsp milk together until smooth. Add more milk depending on the consistency you desire.
- Drizzle over biscuits.
Serve warm or room temperature.
Store airtight for up to 2 days.