While I was on vacation I had some time to think.
Like about life and all that.
Some questions went unanswered.
Why do we always eat beef jerky on road trips but never any other time?
Why is it always super important for the hotel where I stay to have a gym, but I never use them.
Why did Meg Ryan do all that weird stuff to her face?
Am I the only person in the history of the world that thinks fireworks are overrated?
and of course…
Could there be anything better than Cracker Barrel Hash Brown casserole?
I am pretty sure that Confucius and I would be homies. You know, pondering all life’s enigmas.
Anyway…another of my big concerns in life is why haven’t I baked with Pretzel M&Ms yet?
That’s completely nonsensical.
So…situation resolved. I can check that one off my list.
Here’s what you’ll need…
Make some cookie dough…
Press 2/3 of it in the bottom of the pan…
Bake the bottom…
Unwrapping is the hardest part.
Microwave that caramel
That’s good stuff.
Then drop the remaining batter on top and bake!
Caramel Swirled Pretzel M&M Blondies
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) room temp
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp coarse Sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups Pretzel M&Ms
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14oz) bag caramels unwrapped
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 9×13 with baking spray. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- On low add baking soda, salt and flour stirring until combined.
- Fold in your pretzel M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- In your prepared pan press 2/3 of your batter into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until just beginning to set, but not golden brown.
- While the bottom is baking put your unwrapped caramels into a microwave safe bowl along with your 1/4 cup milk. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring every minute until melted.
- When the bottom is done pour the melted caramel on top.
- Drop in spoonfuls the remaining batter and spread over the caramel as well as you can.
- Continue baking for 15 minutes until golden brown and the caramel is bubbling.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares
60 comments on “Caramel Swirled Pretzel M&M Blondies”
I was worried about how these would turn out because it seemed like there wasn’t enough dough but it worked out in the end. They are literally one of the best things I have made! So good!!
Holy cow! These are amazing! I’ve made them at least once a week since I discovered them on Pinterest. (Some batches have been for others – I haven’t taken them all down myself – though I could.) Just had to say thank you for sharing the deliciousness!
Aww, I am so glad!!