Cheddar Bay Biscuits are a Red Lobster Copycat recipe! These cheesy, tender biscuits with the salty, crunchy edge and are probably a huge part of the reason Red Lobster has been in business for so long!
Love biscuits? Make sure to try my Skillet Buttermilk Biscuits! They are the ABSOLUTE BEST!
Cheddar Bay Biscuits Are The Ultimate Red Lobster Copycat Recipe!
Everyone loves a Red Lobster Biscuit! Honestly, I haven’t been to Red Lobster in probably 20 years, but I still can say that I remember their warm, cheddar biscuits like it was just yesterday.
Red Lobster serves them warm, which is a huge part of the appeal. I mean who doesn’t love a warm biscuit?
Why Are They Called Cheddar Bay Biscuits?
These biscuits are a fairly traditional buttermilk drop biscuit, BUT they include a hefty amount of cheddar cheese, as well as a little Old Bay seasoning to give them a kick!
- sharp cheddar cheese
- garlic powder
- Old Bay seasoning
What If You Don’t Have Bisquick?
Bisquick is a mixture of flour, leavening agent, salt, and fat. It’s a shortcut ingredient that you can use, a lot like a cake mix. You can make your own Bisquick substitute at home very easily! Here’s how:
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons room temperature butter or vegetable shortening
Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together into a bowl. Using a pastry cutter or a food processor, combine the butter or shortening into the dry mix, making sure to coat all the flour mixture in the butter.
How To Store Cheddar Bay Biscuits
If you have any of these delicious biscuits leftover, you can store them airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days. Or you can freeze them airtight for up to 30 days for best freshness!
How To Reheat Biscuits:
If you have any of these biscuits leftover (doubtful) I recommend reheating these in the oven! Here’s how…
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the biscuits on the lined baking sheet and heat until warm, abut 5 minutes.
Here Are A Few More Biscuits Recipes You Will Love:Print
These Copycat Red Lobster Biscuits are a family favorite! Even better than the original!
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional Garnish – Chives or parsley
- Biscuits: Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix Bisquick, cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and Old Bay combined. Add in the buttermilk and melted butter and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Drop by 1/4 cup onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Topping: In a medium, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter and garlic powder together.
- Brush mixture over warm biscuits and sprinkle with chives or parsley if desired.
- Serve warm.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 2 days. Best served warm.
Keywords: cookies and cups, cheddar bay biscuits, red lobster biscuits, biscuits, drop biscuits
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: