Coconut Cream Cheese Frosted Brownies are a dream! Fudgy Brownies topped with creamy, coconut cream cheese frosting!
Did you have a great holiday?
What did you get? I always love hearing people’s favorite gift :)I got the sparkly pink Kitchen Aid that I have been dreaming about.
It was a good day.
And I’ve eaten pretty much nonstop for 4 days of whatever and however much I wanted. That means Red Velvet Cheesecake cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a little protein thrown in to balance the sugar headaches. That was my Christmas gift to myself…4 days of eating with no abandon. It was a success.
I got my husband an iPhone 4S for Christmas and he is currently in a battle against Siri. He spent half an hour asking Siri for directions to the supermarket that is 10 minutes from our house (that he’s been to no less that 4 million times). Old broad wouldn’t budge. She wasn’t gonna lead him there, no matter what.
I think she knew that he was just testing her, so she balked. Makes sense if you ask me.
And my kids got…well, pretty much everything. So yeah, we’ve had a nice holiday.
Now, moving forward, as we have to do, we have New Years Eve to think about.
Whether or not you are the fancy party goer (not me), the casual party goer (yes me) or the stay at home and enjoy with the family kinda goer, you need to have treats. Nothing rings in the New Year better than brownies covered in frosting. It’s a thing, trust me. So, how about trying some Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting?
Sounds good, huh?
I found this cool stuff at the supermarket (that I eventually found without Siri’s help).
It’s Cream of Coconut in a super easy squeeze bottle.
Also, have you guys tried those Almond Joy pieces? They are SO good! So here’s all I did.
I baked some brownies. You can use a boxed my OR make my Perfect Fudgy Brownie Recipe!
Then I made frosting, which is a cream cheese coconut frosting that you will DIE FOR it’s so good!
Oh, and since I was feeling crazy I sprinkled some of those yummy Almond Joy Pieces on top. Yup.
And again, here’s the link to my Perfect Fudgy Brownie Recipe that you can use as the base…because in this case it’s all about the frosting!Print
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cream of Coconut
- *optional 1/4 tsp of coconut extract – add this if you like a stronger coconut flavor
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and cream cheese together on medium speed until smooth. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in your powdered sugar.
- Add in the Cream of Coconut (and extract if you’re using) and turn the mixer up to medium and mix until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Spread frosting onto cooled brownies.
Use immediately or refrigerate, airtight, for up to a week