- 1 c. butter
- 3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- 2 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 c. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cookie Dough Filling:
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
For Chocolate Topping:
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. Crisco shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line 9×13 baking pan with foil, so the bottom and sides are covered. Spray with cooking spray.
- Melt 2 sticks of butter in a medium saucepan; add cocoa, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add sugar, salt, eggs, and vanilla; beat with a spoon until combined. Add flour and baking powder; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread batter into pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before moving on to the next step.
Cookie Dough Step:
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl and cream together. Add flour and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread in an even layer on top of cooled brownies. Chill for at least 15 minutes in fridge before adding the chocolate topping.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in microwave for 1 minute, stirring until smooth.
- Spread over the cookie dough layer and chill until topping is set.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
*Good tip for brownies is remove from oven when toothpick inserted 1-2 inches from edge comes out clean.