These Ice Cream Sundae Brownies can be eaten on their own, or with a giant scoop of frosting on top that looks like ice cream! I highly recommend the frosting on top route.
So look here…if you are not on board with a giant scoop of frosting that looks like ice cream, you might-should cover your eyes.
Because that’s what we’re doing today…
I mean, you could certainly make these without the frosting…or even put actual ice cream on top…
But I kinda-sorta always wish ice cream tasted like frosting.
I mean, right?
Don’t EVEN get me started on ice cream cake…
I have been obsessed with these little Mini M&Ms lately. I used them here most recently and decided they needed another project to be part of.
Now I have to admit I am not a HUGE Ice Cream Sundae fan. I am more about the toppings…so these brownies solve all that. Because they are Ice Cream Sundae Brownies without the ice cream. Call me a wizard.
Just gather your favorite toppings…
And caramel. Because duh.
Use a boxed brownie mix for these, you’ll be fine, trust me.
And then pour your melted caramel on top…
And swirl, like a good citizen.
And of course more M&Ms.
When they’re baked, little pockets of caramel will seep through. Not hating that…
And again. You could stop there…because look how perfect…
Or really, just whip up a quick batch of frosting and plop that on top.
Stick a waffle cone piece in the side if you ain’t scared…
And just look how major…
No ice cream means no melting, so these can be made and assembled ahead for a party.
But if you really love your ice cream, grab your scooper and go to town!!Print
- 1 (18.3 oz) box brownies, prepared as package indicates
- 3/4 cup Mini M&Ms, divided
- 9 oz caramels
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 pound (4-5 cups) powdered sugar
- 1–2 Tbsp milk
- *sprinkles and waffle cone pieces to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray, set aside.
- Mix up brownies as directed on box. Stir in 1/2 cup mini M&M Candies. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- In medium sauce pan combine unwrapped caramels and 2 Tbsp milk, heating on low until caramels are just melted. Drizzle caramel over top of the brownie batter, and swirl in with a knife. Sprinkle remaining M&Ms on top and bake for 30-35 minutes until edges are set and center is almost set.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before slicing.
- Mix butter and sugar in bowl of stand mixer until combined. Add in milk and continue to mix until creamy.
- If desired scoop frosting with cookie scoop or small ice cream scoop to mimic ice creama nd garnish with sprinkles and waffle cone piece.
Want To Save This Recipe?
If you like Ice Cream Inspired Desserts:
Or these Ice Cream Cone Krispie Treats...