Some treats are a no-brainer.
So easy and simple that they basically make themselves.
This isn’t exactly that.
The idea is simple, and really so are the steps, but whenever there are candy melts involved I hit a hiccup.
I wish I were an expert candy-melterer like Bakerella. But somewhere between the melting and the tapping something gets lost in translation.
So I settle for a more “rustic” candy coating. Textured, if you will.
Especially trying to cover a bumpy krispie treat in smooth candy coating.
I dare you to make it work.
Anyway, let’s talk Patriotic Krispie Treats.
Easy idea, and if you can embrace the rustic finish, like I have, you’re golden!
All you have to do is make your krispies. I used these Brownie Batter Krispies.
Using a star cookie cutter I cut my krispies out.
If you made plain krispie treats, you could even omit the white candy melts.
Now, my sweet friend, Callye from Sweet Sugarbelle has challenged a few of her nearest and dearest to a “Star Cookie Cutter” Challenge.
Well, not so much a challenge, but a fun way to see how lots of creative people would use the same cookie cutter.
Isn’t that a fun idea?
Thanks so much for including me Callye!
Now, let’s check out what the other ladies did with their cutter!
- Strawberry Shortcake on a Stick, The Decorated Cookie
- Patriotic Lace Cookies , My Little Bakery
- Independence Day Parade Cookies, Jill FCS
- Old Fashioned 4th of July, Vicki’s Sweet Treats
- Light up the Fourth Cookies, The Partiologist
- Declaration of Independence Cookie, Vanilla Bean Baker
- Badge of Liberty Cookies, Lila Loa
- Red, White & Blue Star Cookie Towers, Bake at 350
- 4th of July Firecracker Cookies, Klickitat Street
- Star Cut-out Cookies, Glorious Treats
- Cookie “Pledge”, Lizy B Bakes
- Star-Shaped Krispie Treats, Cookies and Cups
- Easy Star Cupcake Toppers, Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
- Rustic 4th of July Galletes, Haniela’s
- Patriotic Cookie Wreath, Sweetopia
- Patriotic River Rafter, Ali-Bee’s Bake Shop
- Funny Fox Cookies, The Bearfoot Baker
- Quilted Cookie Stars, Cookie Crazie
- Gimme Your John Hancock Stars, Life’s a Batch
- Patriotic Cookie Stir Sticks, The Cookie Artisan
- Patriotic Floral Stars, SweetSugarBelle