Soft Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cookies with white chocolate chips are so over the top delicious, they’re guaranteed to be your new favorite!
I would like to apologize in advance for the cookies you see here. They were honestly a last minute, “let me whip something up real quick” kind of a thing. You know, when you want something beyond a chocolate chip cookie but you don’t want to think too much about it kind of cookie. It’s a whole category, you see.
Well, I made these in a hurry and magic happened. Pure magic.
Brown sugary sweetness and cozy cinnamon in a soft buttery cookie loaded with white chocolate chips…which are completely optional if you don’t love white chocolate.
I am obsessed with these, and you will be too. You just need about 15 minutes and you and the cookie of your dreams can live happily ever after.
Like I said, the white chips are totally optional. Originally I wasn’t going to use them, but they are just so dang pretty. If you’re one of those, “I don’t like things too sweet people” leave them out…and then go check your pulse. Because…
And I made them in such a hurry I took approximately one whole picture of the cookie making process…
A photo of the scooped dough. That’s it.
BUT I am pretty sure you guys are all pretty ace cookie bakers at this point and don’t need me shoving 14 pictures in your face of pouring chips and creaming butter.
Anyhow, they will look like this when they are baked…
Stunning, yes? Make sure you leave these a touch under-baked so they are extra soft. Unless you like your cookie crispy, and then by all means bake the heck out of it.
Also I pushed a few extra chips on top before they went in the oven so they looked extra fancy.
Make these asap, folks.Print
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups white chips *optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and brown sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping the sides of your bowl as necessary.
- Add in the egg, yolk and vanilla mixing for 1 minute until combined.
- Add in the cinnamon, salt and baking soda, mixing for 30 seconds.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour until just combined.
- If you are adding in the white chocolate, stir the chips in now until evenly incorporated.
- Using a medium (2 tablespoon) cookie scoop, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes until the edges are lightly golden and the centers are almost set.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 4-5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.