This Blueberry Muffin Cake is an ALL TIME favorite! It’s soft, loaded with blueberries and topped with the best crunchy crumble!
I have a breakfast cake for you. Oh yes I do.
Cake in the morning almost might be maybe a little bit possibly better than cake for dessert. Did I just SAY that? Yes, I sorta did.
And cake with a crumble topping? HONEY I’M HOME! Yes. Just all yes.
I’m putting my fruit in baked goods aversion to the side today, because I feel like blueberry muffins don’t really count. Why in the world IS that? It’s like they are the fruit exception.
I mean, if someone makes a pear cake, I’m all, no thank you very much… but blueberries? Yeah, those sneaky little buggers slip under the radar.
Also my kids love blueberry muffins. So when we had the idea for a huge blueberry muffin ala the Blueberry Muffin cake we went for it. Fruit and all.
And I even have this fun little video to show you how to do it!
Right now blueberries are at their finest. But please, use frozen, thawed blueberries if you can’t find any gorgeous fresh ones. It’s really totally cool.
My kiddo got super involved in this whole process. Also he decided that crumb topping is the best thing ever. Welcome to the world, young one.
The cake batter is super simple. No mixer necessary.
And you just dump those blueberries on in…
Carefully mix it up…
And spread it in a Springform pan. I use a 9- inch Springform pan for this because I like how easy it is to remove the sides. You can absolutely bake this cake in a 9- inch round pan, as long as it’s not too shallow…or even a 9×9 in square baking dish!
Top the batter with the crumble…
And then bake it up!
Of course I added a sugar glaze. Of course.
And dig in. I’m telling you this is one good cake!
This is great for breakfast or dessert… cake for president!
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C
- Spray a 9" Springform pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine all the Crumb ingredients with a fork or pastry cutter until they are blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together all the cake ingredients except the blueberries and mix until mostly smooth. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spread the cake batter into the prepared pan and top evenly with the crumb topping.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Loosen the edges of the cake from the pan with a butter knife and then remove the sides of the pan.
- For the glaze mix together all the ingredients together until smooth and then drizzle on top of the cake.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.