Up until the last few years I had always felt a little intimidated
about using yeast. I am not really sure why, because once I started I haven’t looked back! Especially when I am using Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast…it literally takes almost all the wait-time out of the process. Of course, I am not home making homemade dinner rolls every night, but I feel like they are much more of an “option” than they have ever been…does that make sense?
Anyhow, what I’m getting at is try yeast…give it a shot. I swear. And first on your must-bake list should be this CRAZY delicious Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Bread. It’s like Monkey bread, but savory and stuff with gooey mozzarella. Dip each roll in marinara sauce and make sure you’ve baked a little extra…this quickly can go from a side dish to a full 1-dish meal that your family can enjoy together!
Like I said before the Rapid Rise™Yeast is my favorite. The dough comes together super easily with just a short rise time!
The secret to this bread is the mozzarella cheese stuffed inside! Oh yeah!
You just cut a cube of cheese up into 32 pieces…
Then cut the dough into 32 pieces also!
Wrap each piece of dough around the cheese cube and then dip into a simple herby garlic butter!
Place all the dough into a bundt pan, much like Monkey Bread and allow the dough to rise for about 45 minutes.
When it’s baked you can brush on some more melted butter if you’re feeling crazy…
Invert the pan, if you want or just dig right in! These little cheesy bombs are so delicious!
I have partnered with Fleischmann’s® Yeast to create this recipe. I only partner with brands that I use in my kitchen. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
- 3¼ to 3¾ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 packet Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast™
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (not grated)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian Herb Seasoning
- Combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt into the bowl of your stand mixer and mix on low until blended. Combine milk, water and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 15 second increments until very warm but not hot to the touch (120° to 130°F. Butter won’t melt completely). Add to flour mixture and then add the egg.
- Mix with the paddle attachment for 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping the bowl as needed. Add 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. If necessary, stir in just enough remaining flour so that the dough will form into a ball.
- Lightly flour your counter top and knead the dough until smooth and elastic and dough springs back when lightly pressed with 2 fingers, about 6 to 8 minutes. (Alternately you can switch out the paddle attachment for your dough hook on the stand mixer and do this step with the dough hook).
- Cover the dough with a towel and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Coat a 10- cup bundt pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Cut the cheese into 32 pieces or cubes. Set aside.
- Cut the dough into 32 pieces. Wrap each piece of dough around a piece of cheese.
- For filling, combine butter, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and Italian herb seasoning in a small bowl.
- Dip each dough ball into the melted butter mixture. Place in prepared pan. Pour any remaining butter over rolls and cover with towel. Let the dough rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake the rolls for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes in pan, then invert on serving plate.
- Serve warm.