This Cowboy Caviar Pizza is a simple dish that’s perfect for an appetizer or a light dinner and packed with amazing Tex-Mex flavor!
So I’m onto my second recipe for Tex-Mex week with my friends over at Mantitlement…
I know you might be wondering where the sugar is?! Or maybe you’re still in a carb haze over my Skillet Frachos to even care…but fear not, friends. I have a fun sweet treat coming up soon!
However, in the meantime we’re not wasting a single Tex-Mexican second with this super yum Cowboy Caviar Pizza.
I don’t know who came up with the term “Cowboy Caviar” for this black bean, corn, avocado salsa stuff, but I regularly buy it at Trader Joes and while that’s good and all the homemade version is like BLAM! SO so yum. And it’s also ridiculously simple to make.
We usually eat it with tortilla chips or on a grilled chicken breast, but I thought it would be fun to mix it up and serve it Pizza-style! It was a pretty good idea…just sayin.
Using fresh ingredients this time of year is super easy…but you can for sure used canned diced tomatoes in a pinch, or even Ro-Tel!
Just season it up with a little Cumin, salt pepper and the juice from one lime!
Meanwhile bake up your pizza crusts… I divided my dough into 2 equal pieces to make my pizzas smaller, but you can easily make one larger pie too!
You can use canned pizza dough, fresh pizza dough…or if you want to take a short-cut buy a prebaked crust, Naan or flatbread! It will all work great!!
I like to brush my pizza crust with a little olive oil and season it lightly with salt and pepper before spreading the Cowboy Caviar on…
Slicing it into cute wedges is fun way to serve it…but squares are just as effective!
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tomato seeded and diced
- 2 ears corn, cut off the cob (about 1 cup)
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- juice of one lime
- 1 (14-15 ounce) thin pizza crust
- salt and pepper
- *optional garnish sour cream or Chipotle Cream
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients for the boy Cowboy Caviar. Stir to combine, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pre-bake the pizza crust according to the package directions if using a canned dough. If using a ball of pizza dough
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Roll or pat the dough into a rectangle shape, about ¼" thick. Place the dough on the prepared sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- When you remove the crust from the oven lightly brush it with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow the crust to cool and then top with your Cowboy Caviar evenly. Drizzle with sour cream or Chipotle Cream if desired.