Cake for breakfast is an important part of my day.
Many mornings it actually saves my sanity.
I mean, I know everyone is drinking those green juice things, and while I drink those too, on occasion, I really have found that cake in the morning is better for my health.
Especially chocolate cake with peanut butter cups.
And when you call a cake “coffee cake”, it’s perfectly acceptable to enjoy pre-10am.
The universe says so. I mean, I didn’t invent coffee cake. I just follow along with the masses.
And another thing…
The cake is super yummy, starting with a whopping 2 cups of sour cream in the batter…
There is no way that this could be bad.
Don’t forget about your peanut butter cups. Like that’s possible.
Also, eating with a mini fork is bound to enhance your coffee cake experience.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 (18.25 oz) package Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 (3.9 oz) package Instant Chocolate Pudding (4 servings)
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peanut butter cups
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray or grease a 9x13 pan
- In stand mixer beat sour cream and butter together, add cake mix, dry pudding mix and eggs. Beat at medium speed for about 2 minutes. Turn mixer to low and add in semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake approx 30 minutes until center is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups evenly on top of cake.
- Melt white chips in microwave or over a double boiler and drizzle on top of cake and peanut butter cups.
- Let cake cool and cut into squares when ready to serve.
This cake is even better the next day.