This Pumpkin Butter Frosting is so simple! I topped my favorite Brown Sugar Cupcakes with the creamy frosting for a perfect fall dessert!
This recipe is almost too easy.
It’s only 3 ingredients!
I mean, frosting doesn’t typically have a LOT of ingredients, so it’s not like I reinvented the wheel…
It’s Pumpkin Butter frosting…it’s butter, powdered sugar and pumpkin butter.
Top any cupcake with it…squish it between 2 cookies, eat it with a spoon..whatever…it’s totally festive!
I actually swirled it on top of my favorite brown sugar cupcakes. They are so soft and perfect for this!
And Pumpkin Butter seems fairly easy to find this time of year. I got mine at Trader Joe’s, but Amazon has a whole section to choose from.
Cupcakes are a fun alternative to serve at Thanksgiving for those of us who don’t love pie. Yes, there are people out there.
But like I said, you could frost a cake with this stuff, top a cookie…whatever! Even bake up a box cake.. this frosting will make it so special no one will know!
Just mix some butter and sugar together…
It will be very stiff before you add in the pumpkin butter…
The great thing about pumpkin butter is that it is already spiced up! You don’t have to add any extra spiciness to this!
Beat it until it’s creamy…
And then swirl it on a cupcake, if that’s what you’re thinking…
Fun things to top with this frosting…
My favorite Vanilla Cupcakes
It would be great topped on my 2 ingredient pumpkin cookies.
Use my Salted Caramel Cupcake Recipe and use this frosting instead!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup Pumpkin Butter
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter until creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- With mixer on low add in powdered sugar. Turn mixer up to medium and beat until the mixture comes together, about 2 minutes. It will be very stiff.
- Add in pumpkin butter and beat until incorporated, scarping sides of bowl as needed.
- You can add more or less pumpkin butter based on your preference.