This Homemade Salt and Vinegar Popcorn is super easy to make and such a fun snack!
I am a sucker for a snack food…it’s true. Shocking, I know.
And I also happen to be a sucker for anything Salt and Vinegar flavored. Ughhh I freaking love it. The salty/tangy combo gets me every time.
So when I got the change to take a peek at the new Party Popcorn Book from Ashton over at Something Swanky I was SUPER excited to see that she created a recipe for Salt and Vinegar Popcorn. The girl knows what’s up.
In the pages of this book are nestled 75 unique ways to eat popcorn..and I have to say that Ashton knocked it out of the park!
Besides the Salt and Vinegar, we also made her Puppy Chow Popcorn a few weeks ago for a Sunday snack. Delish!
What I love so much about most of the recipes in the book is that they are SO easy and can be made in a pinch…sometimes when you want a snack you want it NOW…and this book delivers on that for sure.
The Salt and Vinegar Popcorn took me less than 10 minutes and that includes getting all my ingredients and equipment (air popper) out of the cabinets. The actually “make” time is maybe 5 minutes. Fantastico!
All you need is a half cup of unpopped kernels…
Pop them up using your airpopper. I am sure you could make this using microwave popcorn, but it would need to be no butter/no salt, because you’ll be adding that on your own!
I used white balsamic vinegar in the recipe…Ashton didn’t specify regular or white, so I know you could use both, but I just thought white would be prettier 🙂
Once all your popcorn is ready melt some butter and whisk it with your vinegar and drizzle it all over the popcorn slowly and evenly!
Then toss it with salt. I actually tossed it with a little bit of dried Dill for an extra little bit of flavor…and then also it was kinda like Dill Pickle Popcorn! WINNER WINNER!
Anyhow, I adore this cute little book. SO many fun recipes to play around with. My kids and I are having a blast working our way through! You guys are going to love it!
- 8 cups popped popcorn (1/2 cup unpopped kernels)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2½ tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Using air popper, pop corn into a large bowl, picking out any unpopped kernels.
- Place butter and balsamic vinegar into a deep bowl and microwave it for 30-60 seconds until the butter is melted. Whisk the butter and vinegar together and drizzle slowly all over the popcorn. I drizzled some and then mixed (shook) consistently so that it would evenly coat the mixture. If you get too much in one spot it will get chewy and shrivel.
- As soon as the popcorn is coated with butter and vinegar sprinkle the salt and the dill evenly and mix/shake to coat.
- Eat immediately.
This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links…which help me fund my cookbook addiction 🙂