These Salty Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies start with a browned butter base and are completely loaded with flavor and texture! You’re gonna love these!
Let’s talk about the cookies…
They are Salty Pretzel Chocolate Chippers.
The base is a flippin’ amazing browned butter cookie dough, loaded with salty pretzel crumbs and chocolate chips.
It doesn’t get any better.
The steps are pretty basic and there is no chilling the dough! Can I get an amen-hallelujah?
Just brown your butter in a saucepan and let it cool slightly.
Mix that in with some brown sugar.
Of course I used my favorite KitchenAid® mixer.
I crushed up some small twist pretzels. About a cup and a half…
Mix them right into the batter…
Once you have that all set, go ahead and use a large cookies scoop to portion them out. (Here’s the link to my favorite cookie scoop)
Bake them up. DO NOT OVERBAKE…if anything take them out when you think they aren’t quite done. Trust me on this.
And don’t bother waiting until they are cooled.
- 1 cup butter, melted and browned
- 1¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1½ cups crushed pretzels
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt 1 cup butter over medium-low heat. When butter is melted continue to cook, swirling butter constantly until it becomes a golden brown color. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In bowl of stand mixer mix butter and sugar together until combined. Add in eggs, extra yolk and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add in baking soda, salt and flour. Mix on low until incorporated, then mix in crushed pretzels.
- Finally stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop dough on baking sheet about 2 inches apart, baking until just golden at the edges, about 8-10 minutes. Centers might not seem done yet, but remove the cookies and allow them to cool for 3-4 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Check out these other fun recipes from my friends: