Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, also known as Pillow Cookies, are two favorites in one place. This chocolate chip cookie recipe is buttery and slightly crispy at the edge with a soft, rich, chocolatey, brownie center.
I feel like these cookies don’t really need a lot of introduction. I mean, I could go on and on about how delicious they are…but really, isn’t that kind of obvious? You have brownies and chocolate chip cookies all in one place…it really doesn’t get much better.
The beauty of these brownie stuffed chocolate chips cookies is that you actually get a buttery chocolate chip cookie with a surprise filling. The brownie is the perfect texture to give you the coveted, crispy-yet-soft texture that is major cookie goals. Basically it’s a major cheat, that works out in more ways than one.
Needless to say, my kids went crazy for these…
The only moderately annoying part is you have to have brownies. And you only need a few. So you can go ahead and make a box of brownies and save a few for these cookies, you could certainly make brownies from scratch. OR you could even buy pre-made brownies and use those…
In this case I used a few “leftover” brownies I had from some baking over the weekend. I do recommend, however, to use the middle brownies for these. Edge pieces that are too chewy don’t work as well. You want the brownie and the cookie to be similar in texture. Got it?
The cookie recipe is super basic. I used mini chips and a little extra flour to hold up around the brownie…
I used a medium (or 2- tablespoon) sized cookie scoop for these. You don’t want your cookies to be too big, or they spread out too much around the brownie and leave a weird lump in the middle.
Grab your brownie pieces now. They should be about 1- inch cubes. This isn’t an exact science, so don’t get too hung up on the size.
Just use your thumb or a spoon to make an indent in the middle…
Then place the brownie piece in the center…
And form the dough around the brownie, encasing the brownie fully in the cookie…
Again, if you want to make larger cookies, no problem, just cut the brownie pieces a little larger.
They should bake up and look like perfectly unassuming chocolate chip cookies.
Until you bite into one and discover the hidden treasure…
These Browne Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies were so fun to make, and even more fun to eat.
I know you guys will love these!Print
Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 9 mins
- Total Time: 19 mins
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 6 large brownies, cut into 1– inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and both sugars together for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda and continue mixing until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add in the flour, mixing until just combined. Finally stir in the flour.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of cookie dough at a time. Form it into a ball and then make an indent in the middle. Place a brownie piece into the indent and wrap the dough around it, encasing the brownie.
- Space the cookie dough 2 inches apart on a baking sheet and bake for 9 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
I used boxed mix brownies, but you can use any brownies you have…store bought, from-scratch.
Store these cookies airtight for up to 5 days.
6 comments on “Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies”
I had problems with the dough not being firm enough to handle (granted, it’s very hot where I live right now). If I make these again, I’ll chill the dough before inserting the brownies.
I am contemplating using thin mints (the kind that come in green foil) instead of the brownie.
I made these once but i think i made my brownie mix wrong,they where very good but some thing went wrong with the brownie mix,i think if i would have made it from scratch,it would have been better. If you have a recipe for a brownie mix will you please send it to me.? Thank You and God Bless
I made them.My kids loved these biscuit cookies so much.Thanks for publishing.
What a yummy combination!
OMG! My family would love these. Printing it out now:) Thanks