I’m sorry about these cookies in advance.
And I should also apologize about the name.
I sorta kinda hate when someone tells me something is the BEST. Well, because then I need to prove you wrong.
So let me say, these are the best white chocolate chip cookies that I ever ate. Is that better?
You see, usually white chocolate chip cookies come with other stuff mixed in, like coconut, or macadamia nuts.
Well, nuts aren’t my thing.
That’s what she said.
But really, they aren’t. Unless it’s peanut butter. Whatever.
And while I love coconut, there’s a time and place people. Time and place.
Plus, simple is pretty much better.
Never once have I ever heard, “Can you please make this recipe a little more complicated?”
The Best White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Let’s talk about why these are the best.
First they are LOADED with white chocolate chunks.
(And also, makers of white chocolate…can you people please make mini white chocolate chips? While I wouldn’t use them in this recipe, I would work those guys out in other ways.)
Second, they are buttery and soft and an eensy bit crispy around the edges.
And thirdly, well…ALLTHEWHITECHOCOLATE!
Here’s how I did them…
Brown sugar is key…
I’m not a huge chocolate chunk girl, but white is a whole different story.
Once you get the chocolate chunks folded in, you can chill the dough OR you can bake them straight away. LOVE that option!
Form the dough into balls and place on a lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. You can use a cookie scoop too, whichever you prefer!
I know, right?
So you should make these for sure.
I mean, if you like white chocolate…
And if you don’t, I’m not sure we can still be friends
I have adapted this recipe slightly over the years, based on reader feedback! I’ve made chilling the dough an optional step (although I still like to). And I tweaked a few ingredients based on mixed results. I love this recipe and with some of your comments I think these cookies can’t be beat!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2½ cups flour
- 20 oz coarsely chopped white chocolate (2½ - 3 cups) You can use white chips as well
- Preheat oven to 350° and line an baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream together butter and both sugars for 2 minutes in medium speed.
- Turn speed to low and add in eggs and vanilla. Turn mixer back up to medium and beat until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Turn mixer back to low and add in salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in white chocolate chunks.
- Form dough into heaping tablespoon sized balls (I used a 2 Tbsp cookie scoop), placing 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden around edges. Don't over-bake.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling.