These Trashy Treats are OUTRAGEOUS! You have a cookie dough, Oreo stuffed krispie treat topped with chocolate covered pretzels. Salty, sweet, crunchy and creamy all in one over the top treat!
These are kind of embarrassing. Or really embarrassing.
I’m almost a little bit worried you might break up with me here today. I may have gone too far.
I’m dealing with an it’s-almost-summer-do-I-or-don’t-I-start-my-diet-tomorrow-crisis. It’s not quite warm here yet, so my legs are still safely covered behind appropriate amounts of cloth, but skirt season is on the horizon, coming closer than I would like to admit.
So do I A) Drink a protein shake and settle into a month-long hunger rage OR…
B) Completely self-sabotage and smash all of my favorite junk foods into one trashy bar and put off the protein shake until tomorrow-ish?
Obviously the answer is/was B. Forever and always.
And now, can I say that while these seem ridiculous and “overly sweet” and all that stuff that people like to say, they actually are quite delightful. Yes, they are sweet…duh. But it’s a pretty perfect combination. I mean if you’re into perfect things.
Perfect no-bake things.
You just make a pretty basic batch of krispie treats and spread them into a large pan.
Then cut the krispies in half…
Then spread some egg-free cookie dough on half.
THEN press some Oreos into the cookie dough. Glory be.
And top it with the other half of the krispie treats.
And to get really crazy I pressed some chocolate covered pretzels on top of the whole deal. You will need to give these a firm but careful press so they stick.
FYI-I didn’t grease the foil, which helps the pretzels stick.
Slice the treats into bars/squares…whatever shape you want. I used super huge mamma-jamma pretzels.
And then behold…
I think you should definitely get busy making these. We’ll worry about the diet tomorrow.
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows (6 cups mini)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 20 Oreos
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Chocolate covered pretzels to top, I used 9 large, but amount will vary based on size
- Beat the butter and both sugars until combined. Add in milk, vanilla and salt and mix until smooth, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour until incorporated. Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Set aside.
- Line a 10"x15" jelly roll pan with foil. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt stirring until mixed completely with marshmallow.
- Stir in Rice Krispie cereal and coat evenly with mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press evenly. Let cool.
- Cut the krispie treat sheet in half, so you have two equal portions, and spread the cookie dough on one side.
- Press the Oreo cookies evenly onto the cookie dough. Place the other half of the krispie treats on top of the Oreo cookies, pressing firmly so it all holds together.
- Finally press the pretzels into the top of the krispie treats.
- Cut into squares.