Sometimes you just need to have a good, quick, festive treat in your arsenal, that’s also incredibly yummy.
These are that. This is it. Here it is.
I have become slightly obsessed with mixing cream cheese, powdered sugar and whipped cream together lately. It’s basically the perfect dessert in my book. A little like cheesecake, a little like mousse, and a little like frosting. Anything that can cover all those bases in one spoonful has my vote.
So I did what any normal person would do.
I slathered it all over the top of a cookie bar.
I did something very similar a while back with these Dreamy Oreo Brownies…remember?
But this time I switched it up and made it holiday-ish.
And I used Candy Cane Kisses, which are my December addiction…
So let’s talk Dreamy Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars…
First, you are going to start this whole situation with a short-cut…
Pillsbury has done all the heavy lifting here and made Peppermint Sugar Cookie Dough.
(If you can’t find this dough, no problem..I have a simple fix in the recipe below)
Then mix your powdered sugar and cream cheese together…
I did double bowl duty, using one bowl for the whipped cream, the other for the cream cheese and powdered sugar.
Next chop up some of those Candy Cane Kisses and add them into the cream cheese/powdered sugar mixture…
Mix those in all nice-like…
Fold in your whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and spread it on top of your cooked cookie…
Then all you have to do is chill it for a bit and eat!
And eat, and eat and eat…
makes 24 bars
- 1 “Value Size” Roll of Peppermint Sugar Cookie Dough (*See NOTES for alterations if you can’t find the Peppermint Sugar Cookie Dough)
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped Candy Cane Kisses (about half a bag)
- 8 oz heavy cream, whipped into whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray 9×13 pan with non-stick spray
- Press pre-made dough into pan and bake approx 25 minutes until just set.
- Let cool completely.
- Whip heavy cream 1 1/2 – 2 minutes until stiff peaks form, set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add chopped Candy Cane Kisses into the cream cheese mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in whipped cream until evenly combined.
- Spread on top of cookie and chill for at least an hour before cutting into squares.
store refrigerated for up to 3 days.
If you can’t find the Peppermint Sugar Cookie dough, you can crush up 1 cup of peppermint candies or candy canes and knead them into a roll of sugar cookie dough.
Want To Save This Recipe?