This Fudge Filled Vanilla Bundt Cake recipe is buttery and moist with a super fudgy cream cheese filling inside!
I have to be honest with you…I never thought I was a bundt cake girl. I mean, they are fine and cute…and like perfectly, well…fine. But I have never thought, “you know, today I need a slice of bundt cake”.
The thing is, whenever I have a good slice of a bundt cake I always think, “well how yummy!” But then 4 seconds later I forget and move on with my life, back to cake with things like frostings and layers.
So today I am writing this post as a reminder to myself that bundt cakes are worth it. And I’m learning to appreciate that a really good cake doesn’t need a mound of frosting.
Anyway, this bundt is a bit of a dirty cheater, because while it doesn’t have frosting it does have a huge tunnel of cream cheesy, chocolaty fudge in the center.
Also another issue I have with bundt cakes is that moment when you flip the pan and pray to sweet baby Jesus the cake comes out intact is far too stressful for my delicate soul. I have cried many a bundt tear with stuck cake.
The trick (which isn’t really a trick) is to HEAVILY grease the pan. I actually use nice layer or shortening and then a light dusting of flour.
Works like a charm.
And with this recipe you put half of the batter in the pan, then you layer the chocolate in the center of the batter, careful to keep it away from the edges so it stays in side the cake. Then top it with the rest of the batter…
Once it’s baked and cooled slightly, hold your breath and flip the dang pan.
Then. THEN. Glaze that puppy.
And you know, sprinkle chocolate chips all over it too.
And when you slice it, it will look like this…
SUPER moist vanilla pound cake around a thick cream cheese fudge center that doesn’t really cook, but stays a fudgy consistency.
You guys. Yes.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ cups flour
- 5 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 ounces semi- sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1- 2 Tbsp milk
- mini chocolate chips to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Heavily grease a bundt pan with butter or shortening and dust with flour, set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer beat the butter and the sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add in the eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth and combined.
- Mix the baking powder and salt into the mix and combine.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour and milk in alternating amounts, beginning and ending with the flour. Mix until smooth. Transfer batter into a medium sized bowl, because you will need a clean mixing bowl for the next step.
- In the clean bowl of your mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth. Next mix the melted chocolate into the cream cheese, until it's smooth. Finally beat in the egg into the mixture until creamy.
- To assemble the cake spread half of the cake batter into the bottom of the prepared bundt pan. Next spoon the chocolate filling into the center of the batter, keeping the chocolate in the center of the batter so it doesn't touch the edges. Finally spread the remainder of the batter on top of the chocolate, covering completely.
- Bake for 50- 55 minutes or until the cake is set.
- Allow the cake to cool in the bundt pan for 10 minutes and then invert pan onto a serving platter or cake stand.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients and drizzle this onto the warm cake. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.