These no bake graham cracker bars are so easy and yummy!
I love graham crackers.
I know they are kind of boring, and old fashionedy, but I love them.
And really, beyond being delicious on their own, they’re so useful.
And aren’t we all just looking to be useful?
Where would a S’more be without it’s main squeeze, the graham?
Where would cheesecake be without it’s homeboy, the crust?
How else would I justify eating straight frosting without Frosting Grahams to make it acceptable?
And honestly I love them plain. Which probably makes me 80 years old, but that’s fine. I will be an awesome old person.
These bars are graham from head to toe. Oh yeah, with the exception that I added in some Rolos. I just can’t let things be.
Graham Cracker Bars.
They’re super easy too.. no bake is where it’s at.
Just mix together some butter, milk, sugar, an egg and some vanilla. Bring that to a boil, like you would if you were making caramel…but immediately take it off of the heat and whisk in some graham cracker crumbs.
Let that business cool for about 30 minutes.
When it has cooled down, you’ll want to add in your Rolo candies..
Then spread that on top of 6 graham crackers lined up tightly…
It might ooze over a little bit, and that’s fine, just try your best to keep it on top…
Cover that with plastic wrap and let it set up in the fridge for about 4 hours. I know it’s a long time, but trust me.
When it’s ready, cut it into pieces right along the lines of the graham crackers…you’ll have 24 pieces.
Then if you’re feeling fancy you can drizzle them with some white chocolate…
Just let them come up to room temperature before eating, unless you want to break a tooth on a cold Rolo.
A simple treat for all you graham cracker people out there. Oh yeah, and Rolo people 🙂
Next time I am gonna try adding some marshmallows instead of Rolo..or maybe M&Ms…or maybe Reese’s Cups…
Graham Cracker Bars
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 12 full graham crackers
- 1 1/2 cups Rolo candies (or any other chocolate based candy)
- *optional ~ 1 cup white chocolate to drizzle
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine butter, sugar, milk, egg and vanilla. Whisk ingredients together. Allow mixture to come to a boil. Remove from heat, whisk in graham cracker crumbs and set aside. Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place 6 full graham crackers next to each other, side by side. Reserve the remaining graham crackers to go on top.
- When filling is cooled, stir in Rolo candies and spread carefully on top of 6 graham crackers. Careful not to move the crackers. Filling will likely ooze over the side, which is totally fine, but try to keep it on top of the crackers.
- Carefully place the remaining 6 crackers on top, lining up with the crackers underneath.
- Cover the crackers with plastic wrap and place in fridge to set up, at least 4 hours.
- When crackers are set up, carefully cut them into pieces, along the crackers perforation.
- If desired melt white chocolate and drizzle on top.
- Allow white chocolate to set, and allow to come up to room temperature before eating, as Rolos will be hard if they are cool.
adapted from BHG
40 comments on “Graham Cracker Bars”
How far in advance can you make these with them still tasting ‘fresh’?
I wouldn’t recommend making them more than one or two days ahead. I always prefer baked good the day of or within the first few days.
These were so easy to make! They are delicious! All I could hear was my husband smacking his lips! I used Dove chocolates filled with caramel. Will definitely make this again.
OOhh!!! This is a dessert that has my name all over it! I adore anything graham cracker, and these beauties fit the bill. Lovely photos to go with the post!
Good lord, girl–these remind me of the Disneyland graham cracker PB-dipped squares–except maybe a bajillion times better. This will be perfect for my friend with nut allergies. Thank you!!!
I’m with you, I love graham crackers!
Oh I’m a sucker for plain ole graham crackers too, they are classic & perfect.
Now these bars? Brilliant!!
These look & sound so good! I love Graham crackers. We always have them on hand.
I am with you on the graham crackers. You kind of forget about them on their own. But once I start snacking, the whole sleeve will quickly disappear. These looks great.