Is there anything better than poppable pie?
I’m gonna have to say no to that.
I mean, unless you find a genie in a bottle who will grant you infinity wishes…but I heard that wish is against the genie rulebook…
So…we’ll have to stick with poppable pie.
Let me break this down for you…I made Key lime Pie Truffles…And they’re basically the easiest treats ever.
I started with a bag of white chocolate chips, and the added one can of frosting.
I actually used the Duncan Hines Key Lime Frosting Creations Flavor Packet and added to their base frosting…
I’ve used their Frosting Creations before here and here…I generally add them to my own buttercream recipe which works just as well, but this time I was in a time pinch and had their easy starter can on-hand.
Just stir in the flavor packet into the plain frosting and it’s instantly Key Lime Pie Frosting!
Then grab yourself a bag of white chocolate chips…
Melt them in the microwave or over a double boiler…
Just stir your frosting into the melted white chips.
I added the zest of one lime to the mix to punch up the lime flavor…
Spread that into a shallow pan, and pop it in the fridge to chill for about 15-20 minutes. Just enough to make it less sticky.
Meanwhile, crush up some graham crackers…
And when the lime filling is chilled, form mixture into truffle sized balls and roll in the graham cracker mixture…
And honestly that’s it!
Love these little treats. They are fancy enough to serve to guests, or give as gifts, but simple enough for a fun snack!
makes about 60 truffles
- 1 (16 oz) can frosting (2 cups)
- 1 (.10 oz) Key Lime Flavor Packet
- 1 (12 oz) package white chocolate chips (2 cups)
- *optional ~ zest of one lime
- crushed graham crackers
- Mix flavor packet into frosting. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, or over a double boiler ,melt white chocolate chips until just melted.
- Stir frosting into the melted chips.
- Spread the mixture into a shallow pan (to chill quickly) and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. Enough so it’s not quite so sticky.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into tablespoon sized balls, then roll in graham crackers to coat.
store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.