Holiday snacks are everywhere right now probably tempting you as you read this…I know this because our holiday treats are in such close proximity to my computer, it is all I can do to keep typing! It is, though, truly the only time of year you are surrounded by a lot of these special treats. Certain ones only make an annual appearance right around mid-December and are not here to see New Year’s Eve. A classic example of this for my family is Muddy Buddy mix.
- 9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex®, Wheat Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.