Sometimes when I don’t know what to write here I sit and stare at the computer.
But today, as my kitchen gets gutted, I felt the need to bake, but not bake, since I can’t bake.
So I fake baked, but not fake-baked, because I don’t like to be orange.
I made cookie bars from cookies, that basically turned out like fudge, but isn’t fudge.
What is happening right now?
I think I might have inhaled too much Spackle dust.
Let’s not-bake, fake-bake, shape-shift cookies together, kay?
Golden Oreo cookies, actually.
Crush them up…about 30 of them.
Then chop up some white chocolate…
And melt the white chocolate with sweetened condensed milk. You’ll have to resist the urge to stick your face in there…
Spread that into your pan and cute it up with some mini chocolate chips. I mean, if you like cute.
Let it firm up.
That’s what she said.
Then eat, you dirty people.
makes 20 cookie bars
- 2 1/2 cups crushed vanilla sandwich cookies (30 cookies)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 10 oz chopped white chocolate
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips for garnish – optional
- Line 9×9 baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray
- Crush sandwich cookies in ziplock bag or a food processor
- In a medium saucepan combine chopped white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk. Over low heat melt together stirring frequently.
- In a large bowl stir together the cookie crumbs and melted white chocolate mixture until evenly incorporated. Let sit for 2-3 minutes to cool slightly before stirring in 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Press evenly into prepared pan.
- If desired, sprinkle mini chips on top and gently press into cookie mixture.
- Chill for approximately 30 minutes until firm and cut into squares.
recipe adapted from Gluten Free On a Shoestring