My Perfect Tuna Salad recipe is loaded with crunchy extras like celery, pickles, and nuts. It’s great to eat with crackers, on bread, or stuffed in an avocado! It’s the best tuna salad recipe ever!
I have loved tuna salad since I was as young as I can remember. Back then, it was simply tuna and mayo and nothing else. I didn’t want to crunch on ANYTHING. But of course, as I got older, I started liking a little crunch in my food…texture and interest.
I started experimenting with my tuna salad and chicken salad recipes many years ago and truly feel like the base of tuna and mayo is the perfect vehicle for add-ins. Whether it be spices and seasonings, fruit, nuts, or chopped veggies, it’s an easy way to get creative with flavors.
This Perfect Tuna Salad recipe is my simple twist on simple tuna salad, while still being completely classic! The extra crunch of the salty nuts, and the tang of the dill pickles and spicy mustard is my absolute favorite.
This is an Easy Tuna Salad Recipe that you will LOVE!
What is great about tuna salad is it’s an amazing, affordable, and quick solution to not only lunch in the summer when the kids are home, but even as a fast dinner option!
Get creative with your tuna salad recipe
This Tuna Salad recipe is super versatile. Like I said you can serve it for lunch or dinner, but you can also get creative with how you serve it…on bread, crackers, stuffed in an avocado, in a pita, tortilla, lettuce wrap…the list goes on and on…
What Can You Add Into Tuna Salad?
Adding things into your tuna salad can really make it delicious. Here are some ideas of how I like to jazz up my tuna salad:
- I love adding nuts into my tuna salad recipe. My husband prefers almonds, while I love cashews.
- I also ALWAYS have to add chopped pickles. If you don’t have pickles to chop up, we also love to add in relish as well.
- A drizzle of a little balsamic vinaigrette on top for an even more delicious salad, or even a balsamic glaze!
- Of course onions and celery are classic tuna salad additions.
- If you like spice, you can add some crushed red pepper, or even some wasabi and a splash of soy sauce!
I honestly feel that like this is the best tuna salad recipe, and when you adapt it and make it your own, everyone wins!Print
My Perfect Tuna Salad is loaded with crunchy extras like carrots, pickles, and nuts. It’s great to eat with crackers, on bread, or stuffed in an avocado!
- 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna, drained well
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/3 cup small diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds (or cashews)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl until combined.
- Serve immediately or chill airtight for up to 3 days.
Serve with crackers, on bread with avocado, lettuce and tomato, on a lettuce wrap, or a tortilla.
Keywords: best tuna salad recipe, tuna