This Pressed Frosted Sugar Cookies recipe is the BEST! Easy cookies with soft centers, lightly crunchy edges, and creamy frosting on top! Sorta-kinda like the famous Swig Cookie, it doesn’t get any better than these delicious homemade cookies.
Looking for more pressed sugar cookie flavors? Try my Pumpkin Spice Pressed Sugar Cookies! You can also try my easy sugar cookies recipe if you’re looking for classic, cut-out sugar cookies that are perfect for holiday decorating.
Am I the only person who feels like summer is slipping through their fingers? Oh the plans I had! Oh the fruit salads I was going to make! Oh the vacations…
I mean, I do understand it’s barely July and there is a whole lotta dog days left. But it feels like September is closing in on me. Maybe it’s because my boys are getting a little older, and I realize that these free summer days, with nothing on the schedule, are fleeting, certainly.
I need to really focus on being in the moment. This moment. This 2017 July moment. Savor it, because soon it will ACTUALLY be September, my tan will be fading and strawberries will no longer be in season, and my 11 year old will most likely be taller than me.
Focus, Shelly. Summer. Do it right, please.
And maybe have a sugar cookie. Your summer bod never happened either 🙂
So let’s focus on the recipe of the day. This pressed sugar cookies recipe is pretty much a dream come true. I posted about them a MILLION years ago on Instagram, when I made them for my kids as a treat…but you all seemed interested in the recipe. I got you.
And I made a little video to show you how easy these sugar cookies are to make!
This is a very easy cookie recipe. The trick to these is the combination of vegetable oil and butter. AND a combo of granulated and powdered sugar. Trust me on this.
The sugar cookie dough might seem a little dry, which is also ok. Believe in the process.
Use a large cookie scoop for these. Because large cookie scoop = large cookie. And that’s me.
Just drop the scoops of dough onto a baking sheet and use a glass and press down the center before you bake. The edges will crack a bit, but again…totally fine…it’s actually kid of the beauty of the cookie.
Then you must make frosting. It’s the rule. Because sugar cookies with frosting > sugar cookies without frosting.
Go ahead and leave your sugar cookie frosting white…and sprinkle it up…
Or color your frosting pink. The way God intended.
This is my favorite sugar cookie recipe, and I know it will be yours too.Print
This Pressed Frosted Sugar Cookies recipe is the BEST! Easy cookies with soft centers, lightly crunchy edges, and creamy frosting on top!
- 1 cup butter., room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4½ cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- optional – pink food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter, oil and both sugars until smooth on medium speed. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt and mix for 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) dough onto the lined baking sheet. Using the bottom of a cup, press the cookies down until the are flat in the middle. Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges just start to golden.
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes on baking sheet and transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter on medium speed until smooth. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the powdered sugar. Once incorporated, add the vanilla, milk, and food coloring (if desired) into the bowl and turn the mixer up to medium. Mix for 2 minutes until fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Spread 1 tablespoon(ish) of the frosting on each cookie.
Store airtight for up to 5 days
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 20.7 g
- Sodium: 108.1 mg
- Fat: 13.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 25.7 mg
Keywords: sugar cookies recipe, frosted sugar cookies, sugar cookie frosting, best sugar cookie frosting, easy frosted sugar cookies
Want To Save This Recipe?