Pumpkin Apple Muffins are the perfect fall muffin recipe! Apple and pumpkin combine beautifully in these easy, cinnamon spiced muffins!
I have to tell you that my life has been hectic lately. Of course the kids are about to go back to school, which should free my days up to bake and blah blah…But the thing is, I haven’t actually been all that busy lately. WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?
Summer has officially eaten all my motivation. I keep telling myself, the day the boys get back on that school bus, I will be fully ready to reenter the land of productivity. Except actually, I made a massage appointment the day the kids go back to school. You know, to unwind from all the unwinding.
The second day of school will be my day. I can feel it.
Until then, I have decided to keep it simple around here. And for some reason, muffins always seem like an easy option. There is no frosting involved…you can eat them for breakfast OR dessert…
So here we are today. Pumpkin Apple Muffins. To get you back in the fall mood.
I love this recipe because it combines my two favorite fall things: pumpkin and apple. AND they are remarkably easy to throw together.
Whisk your dry ingredients. The usual guys are in here…
Mix in the wet…
Fold in your apples…
Ahhh, batter!Plop that in your muffin tin… I used a large scoop to portion the batter out. It’s an easy way to get the perfect amount!
Make your crumb topping…
And go a little heavy handed with it. The more crumb topping the better!
Bake them up!
And of course add a little drizzle of icing.
I know you will love these as much as we do. MY kiddo who says he doesn’t like pumpkin LOVES these muffins!
*Note, this recipe (and photos) were updated from the original recipe I posted back in 2013. The original recipe included a cream cheese option, which I since omitted.Print
makes 18 muffins
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped apples, peeled
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with liners, and set aside.
- Prepare muffin batter by whisking together flour, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl mix together eggs, pumpkin and oil. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and using a wooden spoon, or a rubber spatula, mix until incorporated and smooth.
- Stir in the chopped apples.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Crumb Topping:
- Using a fork or pastry cutter, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon and butter until they form a coarse crumb. I like to begin with the pastry cutter, and then use my hands to combine. Liberally top the muffin batter with the crumb topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Drizzle the icing onto the cooled muffins.
store airtight for up to 3 days
Keywords:: cookies and cups, muffins, pumpkin, apple, fall baking
Want To Save This Recipe?