These Double Chocolate Pudding Cookies are SO super soft and delicious!
Some days cookies are necessary.
Like today. And yesterday…and probably tomorrow…
Right now I am flying home from a great family vacation. We went to Disneyworld…which, if I might retract that last statement, isn’t REALLY a vacation.
Not that I am not incredibly grateful I was able to take my family there…no…what I mean is the level of planning and scheduling and coordinating for a Disney vacay is RIDIC.
I plan on posting a fun recap of our trip soon, but just know that I am in desperate need of a vacation from my vacation.
Also, please note that I probably should lay off the cookies for a while after the amount of Disney treats I consumed over the last 7 days. Nothing like an amusement park roller coaster seat to remind you that you might need to refrain from any further funnel cake consumption.
But alas, here I am. Cookie in hand.
Let me just say that these cookies are SO easy and SO SO good. Chewy and soft, with the perfect amount of chocolate. I actually would like to make them TRIPLE Chocolate Pudding Cookies next time and add in some white chips too! Right?
Let’s talk about the how…
The batter is super simple, and I just used a package of dry instant chocolate pudding mix!
Also, please note, the adorable girl in the picture is not my daughter, but a little friend that I like to have over to play with me in the kitchen. As a mom to all boys you need to find a good daughter-for-rent who lives close by and doesn’t mind you braiding her hair or painting her nails. With the parent’s permission, of course.
Also, I find that my friends with daughters are very quick to hand them off to me for the afternoon…hmmm…
Anyhow, just scoop the batter out onto a lined baking sheet…
And bake them up…but don’t over-bake them!
LIke I said, you could play around with the types of chips you use in this recipe for sure. I bet even mint chips would be fantastic!!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 (4 serving pkg) Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter and sugar for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Slowly add in dry pudding mix, baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Mix until evenly combined.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add in flour, stirring until evenly incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop (I used a 2 Tbsp scoop) place cookie on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until tops are just set. Don’t over bake.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.