These Strawberry Gooey Butter Cookies are so fun, cute and delicious! This easy cake mix cookies recipe is perfect for Valentine’s Day or any other special occasion.
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
So I have had a super adult-ish day.
And I feel like someone should take notice.
I mean, when you do totally adulty things, don’t you want to tell someone? No?
Well, I made dentist appointments today without even having the dentist call me and remind me…which is like major adult.
I also signed a few permission slips. Which, I am going to admit is something I dreamed about doing as a kid…I would literally have daydreams about how I would sign my name on permission slips when I grew up. I didn’t have many friends.
I changed a light bulb. Which happens to be super annoying. Not the whole screwing it in part, but the whole shopping for the correct light bulb part. I mean HOWMANYLIGHTBULBSARETHERE?!?!
And I even went against all my primal instincts and answered the door when someone rang the doorbell. They were just people selling religion, but still, I answered the door instead of hiding in a corner holding my breath until they left.
Apparently all these things are kind of expected of normal adult humans. Which I have never claimed to be, except that weird month about 3 years ago where I decided to try and make the phrase “I’m a grown-ass woman” part of my regular vernacular. It’s a time I like to forget.
Alas, I did also watch The Bachelor..and ate cookies for breakfast today too…
So maybe I’m not totally adult.
Don’t tell my kids.
Speaking of cookies for breakfast, you need to make these. They are freaking amazing. Delicious. Easy. Perfect.
Strawberry Gooey Butter Cookies.
How to Make Strawberry Gooey Butter Cookies
All you need is some cake mix, cream cheese, butter and an egg. Oh yeah, and a little powdered sugar.
Mix the batter up. It’ll be thick.
I chilled mine for a bit because the dough gets kind of sticky…then I I rolled the dough into balls and coated them in powdered sugar!
Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet…
And bake them until they are just set. You want these to be soft cookies…
Then eat them. So so good!
Now hop over to Confessions of a Cookbook Queen and check out the Chocolate Strawberry Brownies she made with Strawberry Cake mix! The frosting, oh mah gah.
These Strawberry Gooey Butter Cookies are so fun, cute and delicious! This easy cake mix cookies recipe is perfect for Valentine’s Day or any other speacial occasion.
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 box (18.25 oz) Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- In your mixer cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add egg and beat until combined.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add in your cake mix. The dough will be thick.
- Refrigerate dough for about a hour or so, just enough so it’s not quite as sticky. Also, the colder the dough is the puffier your cookies will be.
- When dough is chilled preheat oven to 350°.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place. powdered sugar in a small bowl
- Roll dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter, then roll in powdered sugar.
- Place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet and bake for approx 10 minutes until centers are just set.
- Cool on wire rack
adapted from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
Keywords:: strawberry dessert recipe, strawberry recipe, strawberry dessert, cake mix cookies, cake mix cookies recipe, cake mix recipe, valentines day recipe, valentines day dessert