I seem to be on quite a “bar” kick lately.
Can I tell you why?
Because I’m lazy.
Bars are easy.
There is only one batch. One pan. And usually, one bowl involved.
Plus, they are incredibly versatile.
And just so you know I am getting ready to go on a trip…all the way across the country to Seattle.
And because packing and also the shopping for the packing takes many, many hours, sustenance in the form of a bar cookie is really the right way to go.
Especially if there is granola involved, because that not only makes them delicious, but it also quantifies cookies as health food.
These bars have you covered for breakfast…hello granola. Snack…yes, more granola. Or you can even be one of those girls who eats a health bar in place of a meal…HELLO GRANOLA.
So basically you can eat these for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack time and still be one of those girls.
I do it for the people…
White Chip Granola Blondies.
Oh yeah and white chocolate chips…can’t forget those.
Spread it in a pan and bake.
These are good. Like really good.
And I may or may not have exaggerated on the health benefits here, but who’s counting?
makes 20 squares
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups granola of your choice
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line 9×9 baking pan with foil, allowing foil to hang over the side for easy removal and spray with cooking spray.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl for approx 1 min. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated, scraping sides as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in baking powder, salt and flour. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in granola and white chips.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until edges start to golden.
- Cool on wire rack and cut when cool.
store in airtight container for up to 3 days.
Want To Save This Recipe?