These Ice Cream Sundae Brownies can be eaten on their own, or with a giant scoop of frosting on top that looks like ice cream! I highly recommend the frosting on top route.
So look here…if you are not on board with a giant scoop of frosting that looks like ice cream, you might-should cover your eyes.
Because that’s what we’re doing today…
I mean, you could certainly make these without the frosting…or even put actual ice cream on top…
But I kinda-sorta always wish ice cream tasted like frosting.
I mean, right?
Don’t EVEN get me started on ice cream cake…
I have been obsessed with these little Mini M&Ms lately. I used them here most recently and decided they needed another project to be part of.
Now I have to admit I am not a HUGE Ice Cream Sundae fan. I am more about the toppings…so these brownies solve all that. Because they are Ice Cream Sundae Brownies without the ice cream. Call me a wizard.
Just gather your favorite toppings…
And caramel. Because duh.
Use a boxed brownie mix for these, you’ll be fine, trust me.
And then pour your melted caramel on top…
And swirl, like a good citizen.
And of course more M&Ms.
When they’re baked, little pockets of caramel will seep through. Not hating that…
And again. You could stop there…because look how perfect…
Or really, just whip up a quick batch of frosting and plop that on top.
Stick a waffle cone piece in the side if you ain’t scared…
And just look how major…
No ice cream means no melting, so these can be made and assembled ahead for a party.
But if you really love your ice cream, grab your scooper and go to town!!
- 1 (18.3 oz) box brownies, prepared as package indicates
- ¾ cup Mini M&Ms, divided
- 9 oz caramels
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 pound (4-5 cups) powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- *sprinkles and waffle cone pieces to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9x9 baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray, set aside.
- Mix up brownies as directed on box. Stir in ½ cup mini M&M Candies. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- In medium sauce pan combine unwrapped caramels and 2 Tbsp milk, heating on low until caramels are just melted. Drizzle caramel over top of the brownie batter, and swirl in with a knife. Sprinkle remaining M&Ms on top and bake for 30-35 minutes until edges are set and center is almost set.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before slicing.
- Mix butter and sugar in bowl of stand mixer until combined. Add in milk and continue to mix until creamy.
- If desired scoop frosting with cookie scoop or small ice cream scoop to mimic ice creama nd garnish with sprinkles and waffle cone piece.
If you like Ice Cream Inspired Desserts:
Or these Ice Cream Cone Krispie Treats...