So I am writing this sitting in my car outside of Staples.
I am scamming their internet.
Because Hurricane Sandy has left me without power and internet. Tomorrow will be 8 days.
Annnd every Starbucks, Panera etc in the area also doesn’t have internet.
The people at Staples must know someone.
And by the way, riding around holding your laptop out the window until you get an internet connection isn’t very safe. Just in case you were wondering.
But yeah.. sitting here in the parking lot at Staples.
Just so you know, with all the devastation in NJ I shouldn’t complain. My home is still standing and my family is safe. Plus, I have fulfilled a life-long dream of Kristan’s to have an Amish friend. Making dreams happen, y’all.
But since I love you all, and I have had a lot of time of my hands these days…who knew that a world still exists out there beyond tv and internet?… I went ahead and made some cookies.
Of the no-bake variety.
These have granola in them too…but I decided to cancel out any granola-health-stuff, with the addition of Peanut Butter Cups.
The hurricane can’t keep ME down.
Anyway, here are No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Granola Cookies.
Made sans power.
They were easy…I mean really.
Just add a bunch of sugar, cream, butter and cocoa powder in a sauce pan…
I heated it up on the grill. Because I am resourceful…and desperate.
In case you were wondering, making things boil on the grill takes infinity minutes.
Like peanut butter…
And let it sit for a minute or two and then add some mini peanut butter cups…
Then drop them on a parchment sheet and flatten them a little bit…
I promise you.
Keep your fingers crossed for my power returning!!
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1½ cups granola (I used Honey Granola with no raisins)
- 1½ cups Quick Cooking Oatmeal
- 1 (8 oz package) Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Line counter with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan combine sugars, cocoa powder, butter and cream. Heat over medium until mixture comes to a boil and then boil for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter, oats and granola until combined. Let it sit for about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the peanut butter cups.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto parchment paper and press down, if desired. Let harden, approx 30 minutes before eating.