Love this fun spin on a brownie…Oreo Cream Filled Brownies are basically two thin, chocolatey brownies with homemade Oreo Cream filling! So delish!
Sometimes ideas are just too easy. Too perfect. Too “major duh”.
That’s these brownies.
The idea for them popped into my head when I was eating lunch out with friends. Literally just popped in my head while they were in the middle of a conversation about something completely non-brownie related.
Of course they looked at me like the weirdo that I am. You’d think they would know better by now.
See, everyone wants to PUT Oreos in desserts..how about we just mimic their yumminess in a brownie? I already have a fantastic Oreo Filling Recipe, so I just baked a brownie on the thin side, smeared that filling all over it and topped it with more brownie.
The recipe for the brownie is super simple…
Just grab some chocolate chips…
Melt them together.
Meanwhile beat eggs and sugar in a mixer until they become pale in color…
Add the rest of you ingredients and then pour your butter/chocolate mixture in…
You could probably use a boxed mix for this, but just make sure you buy the “Family Sized” Brownie mix. A smaller mix might not make enough.
Spread that in a 10×15 pan. I greased the pan…lined it with parchment and then greased it again. That way the brownie will release easily from the pan. There is NOTHING worse than going to all the trouble and having your brownie stick and mess up the whole lot.
The batter will be thin. It’s ok.
Bake them for just a few minutes until the center is set. And allow it to cool.
Invert the pan onto a cutting board releasing the brownie…
Then slice it in half…
Make your filling, which is super easy. I used shortening in my recipe, because that is more like the Oreo filling, however if shortening isn’t your thing sub in butter. It will change the flavor, but of course it will be delicious.
Top the filling with the other half of the brownie…
We LOVED these. LOVED!
Interested in more Oreo recipes?
CLICK HERE for a whole list of all my Oreo desserts!
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup vegetable shortening or butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 10x15 sized pan (jelly roll pan) with non stick spray. Line bottom with parchment paper and spray parchment with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl combine cubed butter and chocolate chips. Heat on high for 1 minute in microwave and stir until smooth. Add in vanilla and stir. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat eggs and sugar until pale in color. Add in flour and salt and mix on low until combined. Pour in melted chocolate mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and bake for 8-10 minutes until center is set. Allow pan to cool completely on a wire rack before filling.
- Combine all filling ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Loosen edges of the brownie from the sides of the pan with a butter knife. Invert pan onto a cutting board, releasing the brownie from the pan. Cut brownie in half with a knife.
- Spread filling on the bottom side of one of the halves. Place the other half of the brownie directly on top. Cut into squares.