These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oat Squares are super chewy, packed with peanut butter, loaded with chocolate chips and covered in a peanut butter glaze!
Isn’t simple sometimes the best?
I made these bars a few weeks ago for the first time..and they were so super easy and delicious, I have made them 2 more times since.
Each time I have remade them I’ve tried a different flavor combo. The originals I made classic with a peanut butter/chocolate combo. Because duh.
But the second time I subbed out the chocolate for white chocolate…because peanut and white chocolate are SUPER duh. THENNN I switched up the white chocolate for butterscotch, because who knew butterscotch and peanut butter were bomb together? Well, I didn’t, but they are.
And I am also sorry I used the werd bomb. Gross.
Anyhow…back to the bars. You’ve got peanut butter, any kind o’chip you want to use, oats and a glaze. Everyone’s a winner today folks.
Also, I just had the idea to use ROLOS instead of chocolate chips. OMGYES.
Anyhow, like I said they’re really easy to throw together.
I used my beloved Callebeut chips. They are my favorite favorite because they melt so creamy dreamy.
Then I poured a peanut butter glaze all over that business.
When it set up it looked like this…
And then like this…
- ½ cup Challenge Butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil and spray with baking spray.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream together butter, both sugars and peanut butter for about 2 minutes on medium speed until creamy, scraping sides as needed.
- Add in egg and vanilla and continue beating for an additional minute until mixture becomes pale in color. With mixer still on medium speed, add in salt and baking soda, mixing until combined.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour and oats, mixing until combined.
- Press mixer into prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, pressing lightly into the dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until edges are golden.
- Remove from oven and prepare glaze by whisking all ingredients together. Pour over warm bars evenly and tilt the pan to allow the glaze to spread.
- Let bars cool completely and glaze to set before cutting into squares.