Love this Copy Cat Ritz Carlton Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe! Makes a great chocolate chip cookie!
I’m gonna tell you, I’ve made a lot of chocolate chip cookies in my day.
A Lotta lot.
And here’s the thing…I adore my chocolate chip cookie recipe. It took me a while to perfect that one, but I love it.
But you know, once you find the best-best…
you get bored.
SO that leads me to today.
Trying out yet another chocolate chip cookie.
And since I felt like being fancy I made The Ritz Carlton Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.
I did love these cookies. They are a delicious, rich cookie.
Of course I made a few adaptations for my own taste, which I included at the end of the recipe, but check it out…
The recipe makes a huge amount.
I’m talking 5 sticks of butter, people.
And a TON of chocolate chips. Oh yeah!
I used my large cookie scoop, which is 3 tablespoons. The actual recipe says to use a whole half cup of dough for each cookie, but I wasn’t that brave.
Also, I will tell you I let the dough chill overnight because I’m obnoxious. You don’t have to, but know the cookie might spread a bit more than mine did.
Here’s how they look when they baked…And I went ahead and added some flaked sea salt on top because I’m a salty girl. You should totally try it.
So yeah, these are some good chocolate chip cookie.
How could 5 sticks of butter be bad?
Here the link to my most favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- 1¼ pounds unsalted butter (5 sticks), room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 6 cups flour
- 4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Stir the dry ingredients in (baking soda, salt and flour) until evenly combined and finally the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter onto baking sheet on large mounds, 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until edges are golden and centers are almost set.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
I also used an extra cup of chocolate chips (5 cups total)
I used an extra tablespoon of vanilla (2 Tbsp total)
I added flaked sea salt on top of the cookie.
I portioned out the dough using a large cookie scoop (3 Tablespoons)