These Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are extra large in size, thick, fudgy, and loaded with chocolate chips! An easy cookie recipe sure to satisfy any chocolate craving!
If you love XL cookies make sure to try my thick Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies! You will LOVE them!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies Are For the Ultimate Chocolate Lover!
I have lots of chocolate cookie recipes here on my site. But today we’re going double the chocolate, double the size! These cookies are thick, brownie-like cookies loaded with chocolate chips!
If You Love These Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies You Might Love These Other Cookie Recipes Too:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Cookie Dough Stuffed Chocolate Sprinkle Cookies
- Double Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- kosher salt
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- corn starch
- baking soda
- all purpose flour
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
How To Make These Double Chocolate Cookies Perfect:
While this is a super simple cookie recipe, I want to share a few tips to make these cookies perfect!
- Use COLD butter! I’ve used this technique in the past here on my site when making thick cookies. It’s one of the easiest tricks to prevent the cookies from spreading too much.
- I do chill this dough slightly, but only for 15 minutes. This also helps keep them thick!
- Measure or weigh your dough! I always use a cookie scoop when baking cookies, but this recipe calls for a large amount of dough, even more than my largest cookie scoop. So I actually use my kitchen scale instead. I like to make 4.5- ounces of cookie dough, or approximately 1/3 cup of dough.
- To make pretty, crackly tops portion out your dough and form it into a ball. Tear the dough into 2 pieces and then press the dough back together with the torn edges face up. (See the image below). The rough edges bake, leaving a pretty texture.
What If You Don’t Want To Make Them So Big?
No problem, you just…make them smaller! I’ve included in the recipe notes that if you do want to make them smaller I suggest lower the baking temperature a little bit to 350°F and baking them for a minute or two less. Strangely enough if you make these smaller with the temperature at 400°F, as the original recipe is written, they won’t spread very much and you will end up with very round cookies, so just lower the temperature a little bit! They’ll still be great!
How To Store Cookies:
If you plan on eating the cookies in a matter of a few days, store them airtight at room temperature.
Can You Freeze These?
Yes! You can freeze these cookies after they are baked. Just package them airtight and freeze them for up to a month for best freshness.
OR you can freeze the dough before baking. Check out my whole post on How To Freeze Cookie Dough.
More Desserts For the Chocolate Lover:
- Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Cheesecake
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Ridiculous Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Pound Cake
These are XL in size, thick, fudgy chocolate cookies, loaded with chocolate chips are sure to be a new favorite!
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt, cocoa powder, corn starch, and baking soda. Mix for 1 minute until combined and smooth, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour until evenly mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips. Chill the dough for 15 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Portion out 1/3 cup of the dough (or 4.5- ounces on a cooking scale). Place the dough in mounds onto your prepared baking sheet. Note – these are large cookies and I bake 4 cookies at a time. Bake for 9 – 11 minutes until cookies are set at the edges and on top. The middles will still be soft, this is ok.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 3-4 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer too a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe (as written) makes large cookies. You can absolutely adapt this recipe to make small cookies if you prefer. If baking cookies using a medium (2 1/2 tablespoon) sized cookie scoop lower the temperature to 375°F and bake for 8-10 minutes until just set. You will still get thick cookies, they just won’t be quite as large.
Store airtight for up to 3 days at room temperature for best freshness.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cookies, cookie recipe, chocolate chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cookies
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: