These simple Nutella Cake Mix Bars are so simple and are stuffed with loads of gooey Chocolate Hazelnut Spread! SO SO good!
I am all about an easy dessert, you guys should know that by now. Trust me, I appreciate a treat that took hours to prepare…I just don’t want to be the one making it. Ya feel?
And using cake mix as a short cut is something I love to do from time to time.
These bars are ridiculously easy and perfect for any celebration in your life…from Easter to a Tuesday night. I am telling you, they take like 10 minutes to put together (max) and just another 20 to bake. They’re actually a spin on these bars, but are SO much quicker!
If you have self restraint you’ll let them cool before you eat them, but yeah…I always dig into these bad boys warm. With ice cream if I’m being honest.
I actually used Pillsbury’s new “Purely Simple” white cake mix in these. Let’s talk about this product for a quick second…have you tried it?
The Purely Simple mix is a total game changer.. there are no preservative, or artificial colors. The ingredients list is super straight-forward…you know exactly what you are eating. Such a great product!
At the bottom of this post I have a chance for you to win a nice box of Pillsbury Baking products including the Simple Pure mix AND a $100 Visa Gift Card to help you celebrate!
I just mixed the cake mix with some melted butter and eggs. It forms a thick cookie-type dough, which I then divided in half. I pressed half in the pan and topped it with a whole huge scoop of chocolate hazelnut spread…
Then I dropped the rest of the dough on top…
You just bake them and then you have this goodness…
And below the recipe is the FANTASTIC Giveaway!!Print
- 1 (17-18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl mix together the cake mix, butter and eggs until a thick dough forms.
- Press half the dough in the prepared pan. Spread the Chocolate Hazelnut spread on top of the dough.
- Drop the remaining dough on top of the Chocolate Hazelnut spread evenly and bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges and top are lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool the pan on a wire rack.
- All the bars to cool completely before cutting into bars.
*I was compensated for this post by Pillsbury, but all thoughts are completely my own. I really love this cake mix!