Crock Pot Corn Bread is a delicious, moist and easy corn bread recipe. Making cornbread in the slow cooker saves oven space, but also makes the best corn bread you will ever have!
Why Make Cornbread in a Crock Pot?
- Make it Moist! The most common complaint with cornbread is lack of flavor and dry-ness. Making cornbread in the slow cooker is the answer. All the moisture that builds up in the crock pot as the corn bread cooks locks in tons of moisture, and locks in flavor!
- Space Saver! Freeing up oven space, especially around the holidays or when you’re entertaining is huge and this is such an easy recipe to make in the crock pot, so you’re not giving up crucial oven real estate!
- Fix It And Forget It! Start the cornbread and then walk away! This takes about an hour and a half on high heat, so it’s great to make ahead, or time it out so it’s ready toserve warm with your dinner.
What You Need / Cornbread Ingredients
Making cornbread from scratch is easy! Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the full measurements and steps!
- Yellow cornmeal
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Seasoned salt
- Smoked Paprika
- All purpose flour
- Large eggsggs
- Vegetable oil
- Canned corn
How To Make Corn Bread In the Crock Pot / Step by Step
The recipe card at the bottom of this post has the full instructions and printable recipe, so make to scroll down to the bottom for the specifics.
You’re going to make your quick cornbread batter in a mixing bowl No stand mixer necessary for this recipe. The batter comes together very easily. Once it’s mixed up line your crock pot with aluminum foil and coat with nonstick spray. This makes removing the bread from the slow cooker very easily, and allow you to slice it up for the best presentation.
Cook the cornbread for 1 1/2 hours on high heat and you will end up with perfectly baked cornbread.
TIP: You just need to be careful when you remove the lid that the condensation that builds up on the lid of the slow cooker doesn’t drip onto the corn bread. You can also place a paper towel on top of the slow cooker (leaving the edges outside the lid) sealing to absorb excess moisture.
Allow the corn bread to cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the slow cooker insert. The you can but it into pieces warm, or wait and serve it at room temperature.
Can You Bake This Cornbread in the Oven?
Absolutely! This easy corn bread recipe can be made in the oven in 25 minutes. You don’t change the recipe at all, just bake it in a 9- inch deep dish pie plate, or an 8×8 baking dish and you will have delicious corn bread quickly! The slow cooker method is fantastic for anyone wanting to save oven space, or don’t want to bake in a hot oven in the warmer months.
I love experimenting with different methods of cooking, and when I find one that I actually prefer over the original it’s exciting!
What Can You Add To Cornbread?
I truly believe this is the easiest, and best corn bread recipe that I have ever made. I don’t like fussy recipes, and this one fits the bill. What’s also so great about this corn bread is that you can adapt it and get creative! Here are a few examples:
- Chipotle Corn Bread: Add in 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika + 1 canned chipotle pepper in Adobo sauce, finely diced
- Cheesy Corn Bread: Add in 1/2 cup fresh grated cheddar cheese
- Honey Corn Bread: Add in 2 tablespoons of honey, and reduce the granulated sugar to 1/4 cup
- Brown Sugar Corn Bread: substitute the granulated sugar for packed light brown sugar
If you’re looking for more delicious bread recipes, try these!Print
Making cornbread in the crock pot slow cooker is not only an easy method, but it also produces very moist cornbread that tastes delicious!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- optional – 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup corn (canned and drained, or frozen and thawed)
- Line the bottom of your slow cooker with foil. Coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, smoked paprika, and flour. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and oil.
- Add the egg mixture into the cornmeal mixture and stir to combine. Add in the corn and mix until incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared slow cooker. Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours, or until the center of the cornbread is set.
- When removing lid, be careful not to knock the condensation onto the cornbread. Remove slowly, and wipe the condensation off the lid, and replace if needed.
- Remove the slow cooker insert (if possible) and allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. If your slow cooker doesn’t have an insert, turn slow cooker off and allow the cornbread to cool as-is.
- Carefully lift foil out of the slow cooker and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into wedges or bars to serve.
Store airtight for up to 3 days
You can bake this recipe in the oven in a 9- inch deep dish pie plate for 25 minutes at 350°F
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 10.5 g
- Sodium: 330.5 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.2 g
- Protein: 5.2 g
- Cholesterol: 47 mg
Keywords: slow cooker, crock pot, corn bread, corn
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: