This Cut-Out Sugar Cookie Recipe has been my favorite for 10 years. It’s the best for using with cutters and is delicious and buttery!
I use it for holiday cookies and everything in between!
Cut-Out Sugar Cookie Recipe
Serves: 24 large cut out cookies
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups room temperature butter~salted (4 sticks)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together your flour, baking powder together.
- In your stand mixer cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla mixing until combined and smooth, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- With mixer on low add in your flour mixture and mix until the dough comes together.
- Divide dough into 3 sections and on a floured working surface roll dough to approx 1/4″ thick. Using your desired cutter(s) to cut out shapes, placing on baking sheet 1 1/2″ apart.
- Place cookie sheets in fridge for 20-30 minutes to chill your dough.
- Preheat oven to 350° and bake chilled cookies for 8-10 minutes depending on size of cookie.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and transfer to wire rack to continue cooling.
Cookie can be cut out and baked and frozen airtight for up to a month.[br][br]Store baked cookies airtight for up to a week.