Cheeseburger Pasta combines all the flavors of a delicious cheeseburger in an easy pasta recipe! Done in 30 minutes, this dish will be a family favorite!
Cheeseburger Pasta Is An Easy Weeknight Dinner Made With Pantry Staples!
This pasta recipe is one that I make often. And as it turns out, I make it a little different every time. I start with the recipe that I am sharing here today and it’s simple to modify to your own taste, making everyone in your family happy!
Cozy, comfort food is where it’s at lately, and this is kinda-sorta like a homemade Hamburger Helper type dish…satisfying, easy, and nostalgic.
How Do You Make Cheeseburger Pasta?
This is a 30 Minute Meal that is also made and served right in a skillet! Here are the easy steps broken down:
- Cook your pasta until al dente.
- Brown the meat and onions in a skillet.
- Add all the remaining sauce ingredients and seasonings, stir and cook for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Add in the cooked pasta and stir.
- Top with grated cheese, diced pickles and green onions and enjoy!
How Can You Switch This Pasta Recipe Up?
- Don’t love pickles? Leave them out!!
- Mayo not your thing? Use a little milk or sour cream instead!
- Add bacon!
- Use a combo of cheeses: American, Swiss, Cheddar, Gruyere, Havarti…whatever you’re feeling!
- Skip the ketchup and add BBQ sauce!
- Don’t have Fire Roasted Tomatoes? Use regular diced instead.
- Rotini, elbow, or shells will work instead of penne!
Can You Bake This Instead?
I mean, sure! You can make the entire recipe and then stick it in the oven for 10 or so minutes to completely melt the cheese on top, but you don’t have to!
Keeping your oven-safe skillet in the oven on the warm setting works too, if you’re making this ahead!
Can You Freeze This Dish?
Yes, sure you can freeze this, but since it’s so easy to make fresh it’s not one that I ever do freeze!
Looking For More Easy Pasta Recipes? Try These:
- Homemade Pork Ramen
- Creamy Beef Pasta
- Mushroom and Garlic Butter Pasta
- Pesto Mac and Cheese
- One Pot Shrimp Pasta
This easy pasta dish is perfect for the cheeseburger lovers in your life! Done in 30 minutes!
- 2 cups dry penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1 (14.5- ounce) fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- optional garnish – chopped, cooked bacon
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the onions and cook until soft.
- Add the ground beef to the onions and cook, breaking apart the meat, until no longer pink. Drain excess fat if necessary and then sprinkle in the steak seasoning.
- Stir in the tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and Worcestershire sauce and cook for 5 minutes, or until mixture comes to a simmer.
- Add in the cooked pasta and stir to combine with the sauce evenly.
- Mix in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese until combined. Top with the remaining cheese and allow it to melt.
- Garnish with dill pickles and green onion and bacon if desired.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, pasta recipe, cheeseburger pasta, dinner recipe, 30 minute meal
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: