This SUPER Easy Pizza Casserole only uses a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. It’s a totally adaptable, quick weeknight meal!
I don’t know about you but sometimes dinner planning is just TOO much.
I seem to have dessert ideas for days, but dinner, I get stumped. Not because I don’t have the resources. I mean there is this whole website called PINTEREST that is basically YELLING at you to make all the food. AND I have a whole board designated to “Dinner Ideas“. So yeah, I have all the tools. Yet, sometimes I sit here scratching my big fat head.
Anyhow, when I have no idea what to feed my family unit, I always revert back to pizza. It’s basically a completely balanced dinner all in a slice. So, win.
And coming up with new and different ideas to eat pizza is pretty much a full time job. Remember these Pizza Sticks?
Well, now we’re taking the basic pizza ingredients and turning it into a casserole. Because it really just makes sense.
And this recipe couldn’t be easier. You most likely have everything on hand right now to make! PLUS it’s infinitely adaptable to your own topping preferences.
Perfect weeknight/kid friendly food perfection!
So yep yep…Easy Pizza Casserole. Get it.
I happened to have some Bisquick leftover in my pantry from when I made these Bisquick Chocolate Chip Cookies. I mixed that with a little seasoning stuff…
Added some water, which formed a simple dough.
I got some pizza sauce, grated cheese and pepperoni ready.
And began layering. Half the dough, half the sauce, half the pepperoni and half the cheese…
Then repeat the whole thing again..dough, sauce, pepperoni and cheese…
Bake it up as simple as that and it will look like this…
Gorgeous as a pizza can be!
Cut it into squares…
I’ve just solved your dinner dilemma!
- 3 3/4 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 (14-15 oz) jar pizza sauce
- 6 oz sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish lightly with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine Bisquick, garlic powder and Italian seasonings. Add water and stir until a soft dough forms. (If dough is too sticky, sprinkle a few tablespoons more Bisquick, if it feels dry add a tablespoon of water). Divide dough in half and drop dough by tablespoon sized portions all over the bottom of the prepared pan. Pan will not be covered by the dough. Next drizzle 1 cup of the pizza sauce on top of the dough. Then layer half of the pepperoni on top of sauce. Finally sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese all over the pepperoni. Repeat this entire process again with remaining ingredients.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm.
recipe adapted from Bisquick