Um yeah, Peeps. I am a fan.
And lately I have noticed Peeps popping up at other times of the year…Halloween, Christmas, Valentines…I love it!
And now: Party Cake Peeps.
Indeed, this IS real life.
Basically, they’re Peeps that taste like Cake. It’s all in honor of Peeps 60th anniversary. Which is crazy! I mean, can you imagine people in the ’50s eating Peeps?
Anyhow this flavor might possibly be the best invention of the year.
Party Cake Peeps are currently a Walmart exclusive…and check out THIS SITE. Walmart has this hilarious page, where you can vote in a new flavor of Peeps…and also customize it. Like, you can give your Peep a face tattoo, or a fu manchu. I swear. It’s a crack up!
Anyhow, I am all about Peeps year-round. They’re no longer just an Easter basket filler. I mean, check out this fun site with tons of recipes and craft ideas using Peeps.
Honestly you can sub in Peeps in any recipe that calls for marshmallows.
When I got my sticky hands on a few boxes of the Party Cake Peeps I decided after I ate 10 of them, I should try them out in a new way.
So I made candy…that’s kinda like fudge, but totally isn’t fudge.
Peeps Cake Batter Candy.
This recipe is kinda crazy…
First you need to perform a little Peeps surgery.
Cut them up into small pieces…
Then you take a boxed cake mix and powdered sugar. Whisk it together so there are no big lumps, and then add in some tabs of butter…
Pop that in the microwave with a little milk and then stir it all together. Let it cool for a few minutes.
It’ll be thick.
Then stir in your Peeps carnage and some white chocolate chips, if you want…
In a lined and sprayed pan press the whole mixture in.
Then you should top with a million sprinkles.
Press the sprinkles so they stick in the candy and then chill this mess for about 2 hours.
Then it will be ready to cut into pieces!
Isn’t it fun? It’s Party Cake overload!
So yeah, Peeps all year round is totally a thing now.
I’ve even created a Pinterest board for my obsession.
And I tracked down some really fun ways to use Peeps all year round from some of my favorite sites:
S’mores Cookie PopsPrint
make 20 pieces of candy
- 2 cups yellow cake mix
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into tablespoon sized pieces
- 1/4 cup milk
- 15 Party Cake Peeps, cut into small pieces
- *optional 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Line an 8×8 pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray
- In a large bowl whisk together the cake mix and the powdered sugar, breaking up any large lumps.
- Add in tabs of butter and milk, don’t stir.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, remove and stir until it mixture comes together, it will be thick.
- Let it sit for a few minutes to cool slightly.
- Stir in white chocolate chips, if using, and Peeps.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared pan, and sprinkle the sprinkles on top, pressing into candy.
- Let chill in refrigerator for 2 hours before cutting into pieces.
store airtight for up to 3 days.
Can be stored at room temperature or in refrigerator
Recipe adapted from Food.com
Want To Save This Recipe?
*Disclosure: I’ve partnered with Walmart and Peeps on this post for an exclusive endorsement of Party Cake Peeps. This blog post was sponsored, and while I was compensated, all opinions are honest and my own. I only work with brands that I love and use outside of this blog.