These Sprinkle Donut Marshmallow Bars are completely adorable, gooey and sweet. Guaranteed to put a smile on your face!
We all know I am obsessed with Krispie Treats/Marshmallow Squares/Crispy Bars…whatever you want to call them.
If there is melted marshmallow and cereal involved I’m totally in. I have pretty much perfected the krispie treat AND I’ve figured out (scientifically of course) how much marshmallow you can pack into a marshmallow square and still have it hold together.
What I’m saying is that I am pretty much an expert. It’s true.
So when I saw this epic Sprinkled Donut Cereal at the supermarket I knew their destiny was to be coated in marshmallow and stuffed in my face. You can’t mess with fate.
How adorable is this cereal?
Of course you need a healthy dose of marshmallows…
Once you melt them your going to coat that adorable cereal…
THEN add some more sprinkles. I mean if you’re into that sort of thing…
Just press that into your pan…
Jesus take the wheel. Or the spoon.
And then it is probably a good idea to drizzle white chocolate all over that nonsense.
And more sprinkles. I know. I know.
Let the white chocolate set up if you can…
But if you can’t wait, I understand.
I couldn’t wait either…
You should probably make these.
Sprinkle Donut Marshmallow Bars
- Yield: 20 bars 1x
- 5 tablespoons butter, I used Challenge Butter
- 7 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups Sprinkles Donuts cereal, or any other donut shaped cereal
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large sauce-pot melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir continuously until they are melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the salt and vanilla.
- Pour the cereal into the melted marshmallow and stir to coat.
- Finally add in the sprinkles.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Melt the white chips in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments, stirring after each, until melted. Drizzle the white chocolate on top of the cereal mixture. You can also place the melted white chocolate in a zip-top bag and snip the corner off to pipe easily.
- Sprinkle the remaining rainbow sprinkles on the white chocolate.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator to allow the white chocolate to set, about 20 minutes.
- Cut into bars when ready to serve.
8 comments on “Sprinkle Donut Marshmallow Bars”
These were so yummy!!! I used the Toy Story Carnival donuts cereal & followed the recipe exactly, except I didn’t top them with chocolate. I think next time I would drizzle semi-sweet on them to combat the sweetness somewhat. Also, I had a 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows, then some jumbo ones on hand to use. I found the conversion table to figure out how many cups I needed, but still had my marshmallows sink more to the bottom in my pan, & they are still gooey so I think I used too many. Any advice you have in this department would be great! Mine just never look like your pictures.
Totally drooling right now! Looks so delish. Thanks for sharing the recipe 🙂
My 5-year-old is peering over my shoulder saying “make those, make those” mom. It’s like, wow, I didn’t know it was that easy to be a hero. However, I think she’s going to win this one. They do look sparkling fab!
haha! sometimes sprinkles are the answer. Who am I kidding, they are always the answer!! 🙂
Wait a second! There is donut cereal out there and I didn’t know about it?! I’m making a beeline for the cereal aisle tomorrow!
right?!? How did I not know about this stuff before now?
These yummy marshmallow treats would not last long in my house!
You’re the Queen of cereal bars!