Birthday Cake Chocolate Chip Cookies are pretty much a reason to celebrate everyday of the year! These are packed with chocolate, Birthday Cake Oreos AND cake mix. It’s possibly the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I originally posted this recipe about 3 years ago…and I will tell you they are one of my most favorite cookies to make. They pretty much cover all the dessert-bases. Except Jello. No Jello here.
Anyhow, I was never happy with the pictures that I posted. They just didn’t do these babies justice!
So today I present you the 2016 version on my Birthday Cake Chocolate Chip Cookies…fresh with a few recipe tweaks and bright shiny pictures!
These are super simple, actually.
Start with these delicious Birthday Cake Golden Oreo cookies…
If you don’t have these in your area or can’t find them, totally just use a vanilla sandwich cookie in its place or just regular Golden Oreos.
Chop them up…
Along with chocolate chips.
And sprinkles.Annnnd the chopped cookies.
This cookie dough you guys. It’s SO SO SO good. Like maybe my favorite dough ever.
I literally couldn’t stop eating it.
My original recipe called for chilling the dough, and while you can still TOTALLY do that. I’ve tweaked it a bit so you don’t have to if you don’t want to! Patience has never been my thing!
Scoop out your dough and if you’re feeling fancy press a few chips and sprinkles on top before baking!
No need for a birthday to celebrate! Get you a cookie!
makes 36 cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups cake mix
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Birthday Cake Golden Oreos
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl of your stand mixer cream butter and sugar together for about a minutes until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- With mixer on low add in baking soda, salt, flour and cake mix, stirring until mixture just comes together.
- With mixer still on low add in sprinkles, chocolate chips, and chopped Oreos. Stir until evenly incorporated.
- Using a large cookie scoop drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Press some extra chips and sprinkles on top if desired.
- Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes until edges are slightly golden.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to continue cooling.
You should also check out some of my other fun cake batter treats: